lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Default 03 DS 36 volt with resistor coils

This cart has been running fine forever. Now I can't figure why it is staying powered up with the key off or on. Only way to make it turn itself off is if it's in the nutreal position. I have checked keyswitch, micro switch in v glide, and micro on the F&R selector. What am I missing here???? It has me stumped. HELP
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Default Re: 03 DS 36 volt with resistor coils

I have rechecked everything and can't figure out why I have power with key switch turned off.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

With the key switch OFF, measure the voltage across the solenoid small posts.

If You have 0v and the cart is running, the Solenoid contacts are welded and You need a new Solenoid.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A resistor coil cart has the power going through the V glide. The Vglide could be welded or pitted so badly the throttle pedal is not coming back to zero position. Just a thought...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
grandpa1
Gone Wild

V glide is coming down far enough to click off the micro switch. This cart stays energized in forward and reverse without the pedal depressed. Key on or off. I just realized that this cart has 2 solenoids on it. There is an external micro switch that activates when pedal is full throttle. I have never seen that before
Old 01-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

With the key switch OFF the cart should not run regardless of VGlide micro switch or contacts.

Test the Solenoid.

The second solenoid is for VGlide by-pass at full throttle, good thing to have on those carts.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
grandpa1
Gone Wild

OK gotcha. I really don't know where the problem lies. I am leaning towards solenoid
Old 01-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa1 View Post
V glide is coming down far enough to click off the micro switch. This cart stays energized in forward and reverse without the pedal depressed. Key on or off. I just realized that this cart has 2 solenoids on it. There is an external micro switch that activates when pedal is full throttle. I have never seen that before
I did not read this correctly last time.

If that micro-switch is for field weakening, that is a real bad idea since Full throttle can be either cruising (good) or full torque (real bad).

You may need to follow the cables connected to that solenoid big posts to see exactly where they are going.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car