lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #11
AFBob
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Brake Cable Recall-Yamaha Recalls Golf Cars and PTVs Due To Crash Hazard Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Sorry Yamaha owners from 2014 (2015 model) and up have to go through this, but as CGtech said....Please don't shoot the dealer's....we did mot cause this. It is a SAFTEY issue.
Thanks smallblock450s. I don't blame the dealers. It's just a lot more frustrating with a golf cart recall than a car, since it involves towing the cart to the dealer. And for people like me (no hitch and no trailer), it's also a major expense.

The good news for me is that neither of my cables are frayed/broken so at least I feel it's not an emergency getting the clips put on. I can see why the driver's side cables are breaking because they curve a whole lot once they go through the plastic housing where the engine is. The passenger side cable goes off more like a 45 degree bend versus a 90 degree+ bend for the drivers side brake cable.

I wonder if it's possible to drive a golf cart onto a U-Haul truck. That would save me a lot of money if I could get the cart to the dealer myself. I wish Yamaha would authorize dealers to pick-up golf carts needing this recall and not charge the owners.
AFBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #12
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Default Re: Brake Cable Recall-Yamaha Recalls Golf Cars and PTVs Due To Crash Hazard Alert

Possible to order the clips and DIY?
Or is a complete warranty void right there?
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:17 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
Possible to order the clips and DIY?
Or is a complete warranty void right there?
Nope, consumers don't do recall campaigns themselves.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:59 PM   #14
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Nope, have not fixed a single one. Repair kits and parts are on back-order till mid May (and it keeps getting bumped back). Best part is, service writers are telling em "yep, we'll take care of it", what is customer gonna think when we call it back in to actually take care of it when we get parts? I have been inspecting all carts I get my hands on. Have not seen one yet with anything more then a slight bend in the cable, no freying, no other signs of damage as reported in the recall. I don't think this is something to get all stirred up about, and if one cable breaks, the other one will provide limited braking power on one wheel. And take it easy on your local dealer, they didn't cause this, and likely don't yet have the parts to perform the recall.
Me too, haven't seen one yet
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
comai8981
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know how to remove the brake cable?
comai8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can remote owners like AFBob call their dealer and request the spacers sent to them for a DIY install?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can remote owners like AFBob call their dealer and request the spacers sent to them for a DIY install?
Nope, consumers don't do recall campaigns themselves. Also lt, requires a special racheting installation tool that likely no one has. I had never seen such a tool before.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha