lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
kram214
Not Yet Wild

Default Carry All drive clutch removal

I'm about to start a repair to the clutch on my '99 RG Turf II carry all (though the side that contacts the belt is not frozen, it is not moving in to contact the belt, thus the belt is not turning). There is not a great deal of room between the clutch and the frame. The question is, Do need to remove the engine in order to remove the drive clutch from the drive shaft? Thanks, Mark
kram214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Carry All drive clutch removal

I would. It's easy to remove the motor, or at least turn it to allow clearance. I can pull the motor completely out of my carryall in about 20 minutes.

Remove the muffler. 2 bolts to head and a bolt or 2 on top that mounts it in the bracket.
4 bolts on the bottom of the plate to the motor (underneath the cart).
And on the back where it bolts to the rear end, there are 6 bolts. 3 on either side. You only need to remove the 2 14mm nuts in the middle of either side, not the upper or lower ones.

Then just slide the engine forward a couple inches and you can turn it on its side enough to get the clutch out.

You'll either need a special puller tool, or a bit of creativity to get it off the crankshaft though.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

No!
There’s MORE than enough room to remove the clutch without pulling the engine!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:04 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I agree, you don't need to pull the motor. 10 minutes to change the clutch
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #5
kram214
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, as you advised, despite the restricted space I was able to remove the clutch with no issues or other removals, though I did take the fender off. We'll see if that'll continue to be the case when I figure out how to split it.
kram214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car