lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
luvmycart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Looking for driving enclosure for 2009 Club Car DS with specific features

Argh! It's cold and here I am without a driving enclosure for my 2009 Club Car DS. I have an 80" Doubletake roof with dual track already installed. It is a 4 seater and the back seat fold down to a flat bed (Madjax). My profile has an album with photos of all sides of my cart. I can't figure out to add a photo of my custom painted Margarita/beach themed beauty to this post!

I saw a post by Amocat00 that got me thinking I may have to ask for custom order. If anyone knows of someone who already manufactures what I am looking for, or who can make what I need without me having to drive 3000 miles to bring it in, please reply with those suggestions.

1. Must have clear side and rear cut-outs for increased visibility of the brake/taillights and slow moving vehicle triangle like the Red Dot enclosure
2. Must be a 3 side enclosure as I have a windshield. Need best visibility as it is street driven
3. Must have velcro loop to wrap around the roof supports as I do not want to drill into the supports or body to put snaps and don't want to have permanent velcro strip on supports
4. Must have J hooks that attach under the body with adjustable straps again because I do not want to drill for snaps
5. Can be either over the top or one that will fit in the dual track on the Doubletake roof.
6. Prefer curved zip for entry as it seems it would be easier than 2 zippers
7. Prefer as much clear as possible to avoid hiding the custom paint job

Any other suggestions?

These are a couple I saw on the internet, but everyone I contacted either did not have for my model, required snaps, need to see it, etc. I have others in my complex that will want one for their DS and a dealer that wants this exact thing if I find it. Thanks!

Also check these two. I put links instead of the photo as they are large and made my post look wonky!

https://bentleysmfg.com/wp-content/u...8/DSCN0608.jpg
https://bentleysmfg.com/wp-content/u...8/DSCN0609.jpg
luvmycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for driving enclosure for 2009 Club Car DS with specific features

Those are some pretty specific requirements you have. Finding something off the shelf is going to be hard, and if you find it, likely expensive. I'd say your best bet is probably to find a local upholstery shop to make you exactly what you want. It's not an uncommon project for them, they make enclosures like that for boats all the time. Probably cost the same (if not less) than a nice prefab enclosure that wont fit as well.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
tony357
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Looking for driving enclosure for 2009 Club Car DS with specific features

I had local canvas guy make an enclosure for my fork lift 5 panels 4 sides and top all out of schedule 40 isinglass and Sunbrella. 625.00
tony357 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009 club car ds, driving enclosure, enclosure, manufacturer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car