lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
Schooner
Getting Wild

Default g29 madjax lift alignment - cant get it

i am still having hell..

2014 g29 . added 6" madjax a arm lift and heavy duty rear springs. have set to madjax specified 1/4 toe out but cart still feels a little twitchy? should i go toe OUT to max of 3/8 per instructions, or bring tire back to zero toe or toe in?

zero camber, both sides equal

cart is at alignment shop so all measurements are spot on.
Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2018, 01:33 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: g29 madjax lift alignment - cant get it

Never used Madjax kit, but on Jakes I set at zero toe in. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner View Post
i am still having hell..

2014 g29 . added 6" madjax a arm lift and heavy duty rear springs. have set to madjax specified 1/4 toe out but cart still feels a little twitchy? should i go toe OUT to max of 3/8 per instructions, or bring tire back to zero toe or toe in?

zero camber, both sides equal

cart is at alignment shop so all measurements are spot on.
I've done a lot of study on alignment and I set my numbers on my build like this. 2-2.5 degrees camber ---- 4-4.5 caster ------ if your running radial tires the toe in should be 1/8" -- if your running bias ply tires toe in should be 0-1/8" These number are general information for a car but great for a cart. I don't know anyone who toes there tires outward. This could make the cart pull wildly left or right at high speeds and be very dangerous.
I just watched the Madjax installation video. I've never heard of toe in/out set like that - but - it's a lifted suspension and what I'm creating is hi-speed 5 inch ground clearance
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:01 PM   #4
Crackback
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I had a 6” madjax lift on my prior g29. It was fine if I rode by myself and kept it under 20mph. But if I had extra passengers or drove faster I could not keep it between the lines! Even on smooth paved streets. I tried messing with the alignment and just couldn’t get it to stay true. When I asked a certain someone about it, they said that that’s why they only deal with the Jakes lift kits. Saying that the geometry is incorrect on other lifts which causes the steering issues.
Just my $.02
Crackback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:58 PM   #5
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackback View Post
I had a 6” madjax lift on my prior g29. It was fine if I rode by myself and kept it under 20mph. But if I had extra passengers or drove faster I could not keep it between the lines! Even on smooth paved streets. I tried messing with the alignment and just couldn’t get it to stay true. When I asked a certain someone about it, they said that that’s why they only deal with the Jakes lift kits. Saying that the geometry is incorrect on other lifts which causes the steering issues.
Just my $.02
One of the biggest reasons for poor performance handling in these lift kits is the inability to set the caster. If the caster is incorrect it will have hard steering coming out of hard turns, hard to keep in a straight line at high speeds along with a toe out of 3/8 inch could make it dart wildly left or right.

A Jake's lift kit is 3 axis adjustable -- needed if you want safe handling at any speed faster then walking.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #6
Schooner
Getting Wild

im learning the hard way for sure..

so many people have posted on this issues but nobody ever comes back and gives the results!
Old 11-12-2018, 11:46 PM   #7
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
im learning the hard way for sure..

so many people have posted on this issues but nobody ever comes back and gives the results!
What type of results were you looking for? --- Own a cart that does what it wants at hi speeds and it scares me --- or I wasted my money being cheap and I went on and bought a better more adjustable front suspension. Most people won't admit that they wasted there money. We can't tell how to fix the caster issue cause there isn't an adjustment to correct it. You aren't the first to have this issue. My thoughts are how can they sell a product that isn't adjustable? You said the cart was professionally lined up on a machine. Didn't the guy tell you that there may be drive ability problems.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:50 AM   #8
Schooner
Getting Wild

I just mean I wish somebody else with that lift would say they were able to get it right or that they had to swap it out.

And FYI.. the madjax a arm was the same or more than the jakes spindle lift and the all sports a arm.. i thought I did my research and bought the best available .
Old 11-13-2018, 11:17 PM   #9
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
I just mean I wish somebody else with that lift would say they were able to get it right or that they had to swap it out.

And FYI.. the madjax a arm was the same or more than the jakes spindle lift and the all sports a arm.. i thought I did my research and bought the best available .
I like the Jake's long travel front suspension because of it's 3 way adjust ability. With the hiem joints you can adjust the camber and caster. Also you can run it at any height with shorter shocks. I have a Jake's double a arm suspension kit on a G2 an I don't like the rubber bushings in the control arms. They flex to much. It would be better to have brass bushings, no flexing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha