lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1993 G9 No spark

The plastic intake spacer is plastic and breaks *very* easily. I cracked mine when I just had my engine out so need to order yet another one. Wish someone made a billet one, would be worth the money!

PM me your details. I have a spare complete airbox you can have for whatever shipping costs (merry Christmas lol). It's pretty dirty so needs cleaned, and theres a little spot on the intake snorkel that's a little broken (but not the airbox itself).

Dont run it too much without an airbox on it or you're likely to burn a valve. That's running crazy lean with just a cone filter. Without an airbox or replacing the main jet with one WAY bigger, you're asking for problems.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #12
es1758
Not Yet Wild

Awesome that would be great. Yeah I have no idea the history on this cart so not sure if the carb is even the stock one of how long its been ran with the small KN filter. But it fired and smoked up the shop for a sec then cleared up. Thought was to rebuild the carb and go from there. Also there is no belt on the clutch so might pull the clutch apart to check its condition, I can slide the clutch all the way out with no resistance
es1758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by es1758 View Post
Awesome that would be great. Yeah I have no idea the history on this cart so not sure if the carb is even the stock one of how long its been ran with the small KN filter. But it fired and smoked up the shop for a sec then cleared up. Thought was to rebuild the carb and go from there. Also there is no belt on the clutch so might pull the clutch apart to check its condition, I can slide the clutch all the way out with no resistance
Thats normal. Theres no spring in a G9 primary clutch so it slides easily. As long as the sheaves are good and the clutch is good, should be fine.

Drain the oil and make sure there is exactly 1 quart of synthetic oil in it. Any more than a quart is overfilled and it will smoke.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #14
es1758
Not Yet Wild

Well got the carb cleaned and the new spacer on it, changed the oil and buttoned eveything back up. Cranked for a bit and then fired up and backfired through the carb. Finally got it running but once I would let off the gas a little it would sputter and try to backfire again. It will idile up and move back and forth but it sounds like its running with the choke. The carb was dirty but im not postive its right, is 1 1/4 turn out a normal starting point on these just like any other small motor? Also what is the correct plug?
Old 12-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #15
es1758
Not Yet Wild

Was excited to actualy drive it (only a few feet back and forth) and see that everything else is working, when going forward it kinda grinds a sec then grabs so I assume it needs adjusted
Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Make sure the valves are adjusted correctly. .004

Also, with no airbox it's running WICKED lean. Would also explain poor running and backfiring. The airbox I shipped should be there shortly, dont bother trying to troubleshoot until it is installed, you're just going to be chasing your tail.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:58 PM   #17
es1758
Not Yet Wild

Yeah thats what I was thinking on the air box, gonna wait till morning to adjust when its cold. Are there any parts missing from the airbox that I need to get ordered, there is nothing there now just that KN filter
Old 12-07-2018, 11:17 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Needs an air filter, needs cleaned, and I dont know that i ever had the little baffle that goes inside it. (Pictured)

And I didnt take a picture but theres one part of the snorkel (not the airbox itself) that screws on thats broken. But until you can find the replacement cover that bolts on I think since duct tape would work fine as a temp repair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20181207-231328_eBay.jpg (44.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #19
es1758
Not Yet Wild

Got the new air box cleaned,filter installed and everything put back together but still have issues, they seem to almost gotten worse. With the air box on i have almost no throttle above a fast idle. Once I try to take it above a fast idle it bogs down, if I take the box off I can get it to rev up higher but still pops a little and smokes a bit. I pulled the plug and it wasnt soaked with fuel but there was white smoke in the cylinder. Pulled the carb and went through it again and found nothing, check the fuel pump and it seems fine and its not sucking the bowl dry. Main jet looks to be a 106 but couldnt tell if it has been opened up but the motor seems to build heat quickly. Valves are adjusted.

At this point I am not sure what the issue is, oil level is good but it has started to smoke a little while its running.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha