lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #1
JerEazy
Getting Wild

Default Governor Arm after bypass

Quick question for those more technologically advanced than I am:

I bypassed the gov and have the throttle going directly to the carb. Cart runs great, and for a J17 in need of a rebuild I’m happy with my 20 mph. I am occasionally getting a “buzzing” or almost a rattle nder throttle. It goes away after speed levels out. And sometimes it doesn’t happen at all. So I’m kinda at a loss. This may or may not be the problem; but I did notice the throttle arm that was connected to the Governor in the differential has some shimmy and rattle to it. So I’m wondering what others have done to “lock this down” or did you just remove it? Anything special to worry about?

Thanks
JerEazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
JerEazy
Getting Wild

Default Re: Governor Arm after bypass

Welp I found the buzzing culprit - heat shield screw had sheered off. Drilled and replaced.

Currently I have the arm on a spring keeping it pulled to the passenger side of the cart. Not sure if that does anything or what.
JerEazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerEazy View Post
Welp I found the buzzing culprit - heat shield screw had sheered off. Drilled and replaced.

Currently I have the arm on a spring keeping it pulled to the passenger side of the cart. Not sure if that does anything or what.
Glad you found the problem. I let my bypassed govenor arm just float in the breeze. Figured id let it go through its motions on its own. Not sure what is best for this. I dont want to remove it as I will use it again some day down the road.
dezrcr822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Mine gov arms are all in place. The 2 that are Yamaha, have the gov arm drilled out so it floats on the shaft. Both cables are in place, and this setup works great. On my Vanguard cart, the arm and shaft just sway in the breeze. I haven't had any problems, but something could always happen.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha