lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1985 G2 Yamaha Cranks over but wont start

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Wow, one single speed bump broke the carb spacer, AND snapped a pushrod!? I have put every Yamaha gasser I have seen/owned/driven (at least 4 Yami gassers at the house right now) through all hell, and you got sold the biggest "fish story" ever. I have seen a very few busted pushrods, and several broken intake spacers, but you got sold a whopper with that tale. They really gave it hell! Is your governor defeated? How did they do it all in one fell swoop? Does the suspension still sit straight?

I guess look at it this way, you know which parts won't be the cause of porblems for a long time! (If you didn't buy the $25 China version of everything)
I agree.

Or the speed bump could have just been coincidence, it happened to snap a push rod while they were driving it and that was all she wrote. I don't see how a speed bump of any size could snap a push rod, just doesn't seem mechanically possible. Carb spacer may have had a hairline crack for a while and just not known about it. Speed bump may have opened that crack more, but i think the push rod is obviously what did it in.

At least it sounds like it should be back up and going again here soon :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha