lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2019, 09:05 PM   #1
austinpankratz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Gas in cylinder - not carb or float issue

Before someone goes off, I've searched the threads and found nothing similar to what I have. I have a g16 motor that was given to me so it's out of the cart right now. I put in a new valve stem seal, new valves, and a new carb and my cylinder is getting gas pooled up in it while it's running. I'd say about a pop bottle caps worth or a little more and it smokes to beat hell! I have gas going to the carb from a funnel and gas line (gravity fed) and no fuel pump. It starts and runs but somehow gas is getting in the cylinder too fast. If I take the oil cap off it seems to get less gas build up I believe. To much crank case pressure? I'm at a loss. Please help
austinpankratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 10:39 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Gas in cylinder - not carb or float issue

Do you have an OEM mikuni carb or an aftermarket carb from Amazon/Ebay
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:12 AM   #3
austinpankratz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The original carb is the Mikuni and the replacement is a cheap on, and they both do exactly the same thing
Old 04-26-2019, 07:12 AM   #4
1arunem
Gone Wild

Sticking needle in carb? Not really any other way for excess fuel to get in cylinder other than through faulty carb.
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:43 AM   #5
austinpankratz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I've checked the needle and seat and on the original carb the needle was slightly worn but not the new carb. Maybe I can take the needle from the new carb and try in the original carb and see what it does. It makes no sense to me either.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Make sure there is no trash/debris in the needle/seat. All it takes is one piece of sand/dirt in there to make it stick open. make sure the float is adjusted correctly. With the bowl off, turn the carb upside down. The float should be level with the bottom flange of the carb.

Clean your OEM carb real well and use the gaskets and stuff from the cheapie. That's all it's really good for, it wil probably never run right with that cheap carb.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:01 AM   #7
austinpankratz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

All the jets have been cleaned and cleaned again and how can I adjust the float level on a plastic float?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha