lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #1
Twads
Not Yet Wild

Default Front wheel issue

Have replaced both front hubs on my G16 and tires still now in at top and out at bottom. Thought was bearings so replaced both hubs. When jacked up tires look good, but let down and move cart a little goes back to bowing in at top of wheel.
Twads is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Front wheel issue

Is the cart on concrete or pavement?

On a single a arm suspension, toe in/out is critical for the suspension to sit properly. You have to pretty much get them dialed in near zero.

A cart with a toe issue will act crazy on pavement. Its due to tire scrub. The tires want to follow a straight line.

If it's toe'd in.....when you roll it forward the tires will look like this \ / and it will be at max height. When you roll it backwards it will squat and look like this / \.

If it's toe'd out.....it will do the exact opposite.

Worn shocks will also do this, notorious on Yamaha carts. I recommend brand new Yamaha brand shocks unless you are running a double a arm long travel setup.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:31 AM   #3
JRL
Gone Wild

Maybe lift kit changed the front geometry or bent axle/knuckle?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:46 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Worn out "cushion assembly" (coil over strut) is a likely the issue. This is a battle I fight on my own G2 (same suspension design). With my worn out stuff, the "perfect" setting for dirt is horrible for asphalt, and vise-versa. And the perfect setting for 1 passenger is bad for 2 passengers. It's a fine-line balance, even with good parts with that suspension design. Think of it like the old "VW Baja bugs" with tilted out tires, the suspension design shares the same weaknesses. You will be playing with toe settings until it's "best it can be" for your use style. To get something "perfect", you would have to buy the expensive lift kit, not the cheap & easy one.

If you have no lift kit installed, it's just the struts & alignment settings. The coilover struts, seen it before, lots. Golf carts typically have only one front suspension adjustment, only toe-in setting.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha