lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
tndgy9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Fixing a Bypassed Stop Switch on G1

This is my first post so hopefully, I am doing everything correctly. I recently was given an 81 Yamaha g1 that wasn't running. I have it running great now but the issue is at some point the previous owner bypassed the stop switch on the gas pedal. I see two switches one that is hooked up that has 4 leads coming from it all connected. The second switch has two leads a red and white that are both cut. The engine will crank as soon as the key is turned. In both forward and reverse all without touching the gas pedal. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to get it running like normal? The switch on the driver's side is the switch that is not connected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stop switch.jpg (197.5 KB, 0 views)
tndgy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fixing a Bypassed Stop Switch on G1

This should be a pretty simple fix. You need to get a stop switch. Those aren't cheap but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Here is link to a service manual and it includes wiring diagrams:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=129227

Just revert the wiring back to the original configuration as shown in the wiring diagrams.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Fixing a Bypassed Stop Switch on G1

also check if the engine only shuts off with the key switch, check by the CDI unit for a black wire with white stripe and make sure it its connected, with this disconnected it put the cart in maintenance mode and will only **** off with the key switch. The engine is not designed to run like this
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha