lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default V-glide fried

O.k.....got an 88 club car but i guess it has the 89 setup, anyway, it just quit on the wife last week so i shoved it in the garage to check it out....found the first resistor coil burt or broke, hey! this is easy i thought, ordered a new one (this is where i found out it must be the 89 setup cause the coil they sent for an 88 was too small)....anyway when i put it on it would try to move but just barely, like the batteries were dead. After further checking i noticed the pedal just didnt "feel" right so i poped the cover off the V-glide and things in there were jammed/fried/melted....******!!!.....did one thing cause the other or am i missing something else? Hate to spend another 100 and melt the new one......
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: V-glide fried

do yo have a big motor in it or is it all stock?

If all stock, just put a new one in it and make sure everything is tight
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

they do go bad and if everything is bad replace the whole unit its a lot easier.........they do sell all the parts to rebuild it but i,m not sure if your ahead of the game as you can put a new one in and be done in no time........make sure you kill the main power 1st..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
scrapetown1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

if the v glide brush touches two contacts in the v glide at the same time for any length of time thew will melt if someone converted it to a v glide the pedal could need to be ajusted so that at full throttle the main brush is only touching the top brush on the v glide only iv melted a couple. the arms are week and when they get hot and warp brushes dont line up right after that .
scrapetown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car