lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Under the seat?

I am looking for some information on a 1990 cc ds. I have the wiring diagram (from you guys) but don't really know what some of the parts are/do. I know the simple stuff motor, batteries switches and such, but not the real technical things. Wiper switch assy? What the heck. I am new here and to golf carts and am trying to learn a little about what makes em tick. No problems with ours now just want to know what I'm looking at when I pick up the seat. If that information is on this forum I haven't found it yet. Looking for a labeled diagram of the parts and what they do. I sure would appreciate the help. Thanks

PS the car will mostly just be used to go back and forth to the barn.

Last edited by tazassape; 11-07-2010 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: ad more info
tazassape is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Under the seat?

Here's a much clearer schematic for the CC 36 volt DS. Hope it helps!

The "Speed Switch" is also known as the V-Glide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC 36 Volt Schematic HD.jpg (74.0 KB, 27 views)
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, I also found some more parts diagrams last night after digging for quite a while.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Early carts ( pre 89-90ish) use a series of graduated sizes of speed resistor coils to regulate speed. Each coil in the group offered less resistance than the previous one. When you stepped on the gas 100% of the available battery power (amperage) was drawn and speed was regulated by how much of this amperage was burned off (wasted) by the resistor coils. So even if you push the peddle a little it drains the batteries same as wide open throttle. The gas peddle operated a wiper which swept a contact across stationary lugs which connected to the resistors. The solenoid merely switched power on /off to the speed wiper.
This is why it does you no good to just upgrade the solenoid....

Modern carts use solid state speed control. These controllers only draw as many amps as you ask for with the peddle.... If you push the peddle down 10% they deliver 10% of their capacity. I say their capacity because a controller is like a gate valve (or a hose bib) to the amperage stored in the batteries... We have different size controllers(valves) available so 10% of a 400 amp is less than 10% of a 650 amp controller. Amperage = Torque.
The solid state controller does not waste any amps and this increases the run time.

Hope this helps?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks scottyb you confirmed what I had kinda figured out after reading everything could find about carts. I'm not a mechanic or electrician but I can work my way through some troubleshootin and figurin.
I guess the battery life/run time increases with the solid state controller. Can my old cart be fitted with the new fangled stuff without too much fuss and green? Again, thanks for the help.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Fuss and Green are relative terms
You can google 48v conversion and solid state conversion and find tons of reading on the subject
Nobody who ever did this conversion came back and said it was not worth the fuss & green

You have an old technology cart and modern technology is a wonderful thing.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #7
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow, I about went blind from reading all the info. I think we'll stay ole school till we start having issues. Very good information. As I said in my intro we just use the cart to go to and from the barn. I am trying to keep this cart as a tool, not a toy, but man the things out there make an old man want to get lifted, sped up, and retired! Thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazassape View Post
Wow, I about went blind from reading all the info. I think we'll stay ole school till we start having issues. Very good information. As I said in my intro we just use the cart to go to and from the barn. I am trying to keep this cart as a tool, not a toy, but man the things out there make an old man want to get lifted, sped up, and retired! Thanks
That's why some of us have more than one cart...

Have one for a workhorse, and one for a racehorse..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1170.jpg (109.3 KB, 6 views)
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
That's why some of us have more than one cart...

Have one for a workhorse, and one for a racehorse..
First I gotta get my wife spoiled on this one. Just bought her an enclosure to put on it for the crappy days of winter going to the barn. Then once she is comfortable with it we might "need" one to go out in the pastures with to tend to the horses, or fix fence. And of course it must be high enough to go through a couple of ditches, and tires to help it
Old 11-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah, there are plenty of 'good excuses' to 'need' an lifted high powered golf cart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2648.jpg (156.4 KB, 7 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car