lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #11
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New to the carting thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmurphy View Post
I under stand your pain. I purchased mine with little to no imput. One thing to think of in millions of carts are being used everday. I like the no rust on the frame. Most new carts have lots of parts avalable. What cart is the best is subject to every persons openion. I like the club car brand my self.
agreed!

Gleemo sums it up nicely for you:
"48 Volt DS with 6 8 volt batteries (NOT 4 12 Volt Batteries) (NO regen breaking) and it must have a controller (NO resistor Coils)"
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #12
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It's all just opinion .. your asking other people..mine is to find a dealer near you and go test them CC EZGO and YAMIS..and see which ONE you like best as far as handing and stability and go from there.. you and you alone know what you want out of the cart and what you'r plans for the cart are..Which ever YOU decide the guys/girls on this site will help anybody with anything on a golf cart!! That's just the way they are thank god....
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #13
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Not ignoring a thing I am so confused from the cryptic replys that I dont know what to get. AS I have stated I have never owned one or worked on one. I build 750 hp race motors and am just trying to understand the pros and cons but I havent got that yet.

I think you dealer guys should make a Sticky for us new guys maybe breaking down the carts. Why one is better than another and so on. It could go along way for us newbies trying to make a good purchase. If I had a list saying stay away from these if you plan to do so and so then i would not even waste my time but I feel like I have been spinning in circles looking at this stuff and havent moved forward at all.

I dont want to buy a Focus when I can get a Shelby GT500 for just a little more, understand?
No I dont understand? I dont want to buy a GT500 if I can get a Audi R8 for a little more.........where does that logic stop?

You're looking for a general rule about what cart is good and what cart is bad. Just like with cars, THERE IS NO GENERAL RULE. It all depends on what your looking to do with the cart, and how much money you have to spend.

Just like the automobile manufacturers, the cart manfacturers have web site where they talk about what the features and benefits of their carts are.

THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN SHOPPING FOR A USED CAR! Do your research, ask questions, listen to answers, and buy.

And trust me, the moment anyone publishes a thread that says this cart is good and this cart is bad, there will be a million others that will argue why that cart is not good or bad. Just like the Chevy vs. Ford thing.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
No I dont understand? I dont want to buy a GT500 if I can get a Audi R8 for a little more.........where does that logic stop?

You're looking for a general rule about what cart is good and what cart is bad. Just like with cars, THERE IS NO GENERAL RULE. It all depends on what your looking to do with the cart, and how much money you have to spend.

Just like the automobile manufacturers, the cart manfacturers have web site where they talk about what the features and benefits of their carts are.

THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN SHOPPING FOR A USED CAR! Do your research, ask questions, listen to answers, and buy.

And trust me, the moment anyone publishes a thread that says this cart is good and this cart is bad, there will be a million others that will argue why that cart is not good or bad. Just like the Chevy vs. Ford thing.
I agree. There are those who will say if you don't get a Yamaha you have missed the boat.... and other Yamaha owners want to know why they can't get the cool new brakes or dash for their cart??? If you are going to customize you need to look at ezgo, they have the largest aftermarket product selection. It is very subjective. I tried to lay out which drive system is better for what use but there is a certain learning curve as with all things. I am sure I could not go on a fishing site and expect the members there to tell me which used fishing rod was best? So hang in there and keep reading... We may never know which is best but we can discuss pros and cons
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Pros and cons in the same brand was what I was asking for not comparing a Yugo to a Ferrari.

But if I go look at the cheapest ford Fiesta and try and Mod it or have the dependability of a F450 on the dirt trails then common sense says hey don't waste your time on the fiesta cause you will be spending every dime to try and make it something it can never be.... UNDERSTAND now.

I'm not asking to compare Apples to Oranges rather "Do I want a Granny Smith or a Sweet and Delicious Apple". You guys work on them so you know how durable they are. All I am looking for again is a cart that is not going to break down because it is inadequate for the job of Camping and some camp sites are like a Hunt trip in the woods.

I am beginning to get it but again I have never owned one so that is why I ask. Not trying to be a smart butt but a little common sense can go far for a newbie purchase.

I know not everyone does the same thing but a general guide does not seem to far out.

My car analogy is the easiest terms I know of to put it in same with the apple. I don't plan to make a Apple pie with Cherries and get a Apple pie.

I don't want to get a cart that in the long run isn't going to haul 4 people thru the woods or the road way because it had a tire that is a tiny bit over stock. That is called common sense.

Oh sure if you have unlimited funds and a Fabrication shop you can make a Skate board run 100mph on Nitrous but its stupid and there will be only one. Good luck going to the skate shop and getting a part. Get it.

What do most guys do on this site to their carts, they lift them, haul 4 people around, and it can be over some dirt trail or hilly roads. Is that to much to ask advice about or a general guide on?
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #16
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Living in Jk. Florida , near all the salt water spray ...etc
Just let it be known that the BIG advantage to CC is all aluminum frame = no rust on the frame , Battery boxes...etc. .
If you live in AZ its not an issue ,
But you can avoid this with EZ and YA just keep them VERY clean :)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry you feel like we are not helping... Maybe go back and re-read all the replies in all your threads? Much of the info you have asked for is there .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Pros and cons in the same brand was what I was asking for not comparing a Yugo to a Ferrari.

But if I go look at the cheapest ford Fiesta and try and Mod it or have the dependability of a F450 on the dirt trails then common sense says hey don't waste your time on the fiesta cause you will be spending every dime to try and make it something it can never be.... UNDERSTAND now.

I'm not asking to compare Apples to Oranges rather "Do I want a Granny Smith or a Sweet and Delicious Apple". You guys work on them so you know how durable they are. All I am looking for again is a cart that is not going to break down because it is inadequate for the job of Camping and some camp sites are like a Hunt trip in the woods.

I am beginning to get it but again I have never owned one so that is why I ask. Not trying to be a smart butt but a little common sense can go far for a newbie purchase.

I know not everyone does the same thing but a general guide does not seem to far out.

My car analogy is the easiest terms I know of to put it in same with the apple. I don't plan to make a Apple pie with Cherries and get a Apple pie.

I don't want to get a cart that in the long run isn't going to haul 4 people thru the woods or the road way because it had a tire that is a tiny bit over stock. That is called common sense.

Oh sure if you have unlimited funds and a Fabrication shop you can make a Skate board run 100mph on Nitrous but its stupid and there will be only one. Good luck going to the skate shop and getting a part. Get it.

What do most guys do on this site to their carts, they lift them, haul 4 people around, and it can be over some dirt trail or hilly roads. Is that to much to ask advice about or a general guide on?
Let's go ahead and try this.
You mentioned that you build race motors, what's the best block to build a race motor with?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

lol.....this is cruel
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #20
HuntinBuggie
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offtwice View Post
Lol,

This is cruel........which is better, blonde girls or brunettes?

OT
Duh both why choose one or the other if you can have both!!!!!
HuntinBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car