lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to the carting thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Let's go ahead and try this.
You mentioned that you build race motors, what's the best block to build a race motor with?
Easy what brand do you want and how much do you want to spend?

See that is how it works. :)

That's what I said. I know people have a preference but you are being difficult.
I have spent some time on the phone today and got more from them with out the nonsense. I asked a simple question about carts and you are trying to make it a pissing match. I am not talking who makes a better cart but why is one CC better than another CC or why one EZ is better than another EZ. Geez. This was not meant to bash brands but why one model is better or holds up better than another.

Some of you guys need a chill pill.

I talked to alot of people today and got alot of useful pros and cons from them that was all I was looking for. I know people have brand preferences and this is really in the wrong class anyways since I have settled on getting a EZ cart.

The main question that swayed me was availability of parts both aftermarket and brand. There are more EZGO dealers in my area than CC so that is why I have leaned that way.

Now my choice was to which one that they make over all these years and why they (models) differ and hold up. What is the most common failure and that kind of thing.

Being ignorant is one thing but not wanting to learn is worse.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The general rule is this:

A golf cart was designed and engineered to haul 2 men and their clubs down 18 fairways, 3 times a day. PERIOD.

Any other use is beyond the scope of the engineers' responsibility. We are ALL experimenting with these machines at this level. No general guide exists, nor can one because it is simply not practical. Heck, we can't even decide which is better, gas or electric.

What do YOU want YOUR cart to be? Maybe then we can help.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #23
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Dolfi View Post
It's all just opinion .. your asking other people..mine is to find a dealer near you and go test them CC EZGO and YAMIS..and see which ONE you like best as far as handing and stability and go from there.. you and you alone know what you want out of the cart and what you'r plans for the cart are..Which ever YOU decide the guys/girls on this site will help anybody with anything on a golf cart!! That's just the way they are thank god....
Thank you finally someone who gets it and that is what I am doing.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #24
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

You may try looking at carts in your price range. Then post the year make and model and get pros and cons on each. Some cart are easyer to get preformance from than others. Good Luck and Merry Christmas.
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #25
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
The general rule is this:

A golf cart was designed and engineered to haul 2 men and their clubs down 18 fairways, 3 times a day. PERIOD.

Any other use is beyond the scope of the engineers' responsibility. We are ALL experimenting with these machines at this level. No general guide exists, nor can one because it is simply not practical. Heck, we can't even decide which is better, gas or electric.

What do YOU want YOUR cart to be? Maybe then we can help.
True and they also build or sell 4 man and 6 man units to move people and stuff around. That is what I was asking from those in the know.

Thank you as well for a common sense answer to a issue.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #26
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Easy what brand do you want?
Well, I was gonna go with Chevy but a guy told me that wasn't a good choice. So I looked at Ford and Mopar. I just dont want to spend a lot of money but dont want to buy something that will cost me tons to upgrade later on just to get it to do what I want.
Maybe you could break down the blocks and tell me why one is better than the other?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #27
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Well, I was gonna go with Chevy but a guy told me that wasn't a good choice. So I looked at Ford and Mopar. I just dont want to spend a lot of money but dont want to buy something that will cost me tons to upgrade later on just to get it to do what I want.
Maybe you could break down the blocks and tell me why one is better than the other?
See your being combative again......

Chevy big block is cheeper to build... Ford builds big power but is expensive. MOPARS suck... ;)
Old 12-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #28
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Guys I found a deal to good to pass up. I am going to look at it Thursday. Its a EZ PDS. Thanks for all the info though this is a great site.
How did this cart turn out?
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #29
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Its a nice cart. I found out today that as long as I am not putting 22's on it and I dont plan to, it would work fine. I also talked to a couple other local dealers who have some new inventory coming in the first of the year. I plan to go test drive a few more then.

I wasnt planing on big tires just replacing the Turf saver with more of a sand tread.

But this is a CC topic and not EZ so I wont get into to much detail about it here.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #30
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
See your being combative again......

Chevy big block is cheeper to build... Ford builds big power but is expensive. MOPARS suck... ;)
Spawn, (love the name BTW) I'm not being combative, I'm responding to your question in post number 8 of this thread,

Quote:
I think you dealer guys should make a Sticky for us new guys maybe breaking down the carts. Why one is better than another and so on. It could go along way for us newbies trying to make a good purchase. If I had a list saying stay away from these if you plan to do so and so then i would not even waste my time but I feel like I have been spinning in circles looking at this stuff and havent moved forward at all.

I dont want to buy a Focus when I can get a Shelby GT500 for just a little more, understand?
It's just not that easy! I guarantee you some Mopar guys will be happy to tell you how wrong you are about them.

Simply trying to make a point which seems to have been made and now I'm helping to beat it to death

I sincerely wish you luck in whatever you choose and hope it works out to be just what you wanted.
Keep us informed, and of course we love pictures, before during and after pictures
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car