lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
dak07
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery-Accessory Hook Ups

I have a 2007 club car precedent 48 volt (4 - 12 volt batteries). I have a question about the two pig tail wire leads that come off the batteries; one on the driver side (red) and one on the passenger side (blue). I was told that these are for plug and play lights. My question…do these hook ups pull power from all four batteries? Is a voltage reducer needed if using these hook ups? Thanks for you help!
dak07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Battery-Accessory Hook Ups

The blue lead on the passenger side is for use as a 12 volt feed. The user would feed 12V from the negative side of the front battery on the passenger side, and the blue lead. That being said, doing that can draw down that particular battery. I am not speaking for everyone here, but I think lots of folks either use a seperate 12V battery for accessories, or get a converter/reducer for the accessories. (48 volts to 12 volts)

The red lead can be used for whatever the user wants to feed 48 volts to.
Again, use the negative side of the forward passenger battery, and the red lead.

Do not use the car frame for "ground", or have any voltage applied to it.
I installed turn signals & clamped the turn signal switch to the steering column, and that was not the thing to do.

Have fun ! Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car