lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
surf03
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Jakes Lift Help Needed

I got a 6" spindle lift for my CC Precedent. I got the front done and now I am working on the rear.

First question:
It came with a new ground wire, but I couldn't find where the old one was. I saw the wires going into the motor, but they are all longer than the one provided and don't think that any of those were the one that needed to be replaced. Anyone know where that ground is? I saw a couple of bolts on the motor with no wire running to them, didn't know if it was one of those. Anyone have pics?

Second questions:
The guy I bought the lift from said that when you unbolt the rear the shaft wants to roll because of the weight of the motor. Any suggestions on how to keep it from rolling while installation?

Thanks in advance.
surf03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jakes Lift Help Needed

i just lifted my ds and i had to make the ground from the starter to the frame longer. on mine it was straight up from the starter. as far as rear end wanting to roll i didnt have any issues
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
rowdy350
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

just installed the same kit on my 07 Precedent a few months ago---that ground wire isnt used.

the rear lift is easy to install 1 side at a time. keeps the motor from rolling the axle housing..
rowdy350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
surf03
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

10-4...that helps a ton. Thanks for the input.
surf03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

IMPORTANT NOTE A-Turn Tow-Run Switch to tow B-and then remove battery pack neutral cable at battery and then C-remove batterry pack plus cable in case of eletrical shorting. Tape cable ends so no shorting is possible.
On installing your lift on rear end do one side at a time to keep from motor getting away and doing major damage to motor and anything it can hit.
ALSO VERY IMPORTANT 1-mark all cables going to motor 2-then with 2 wrenches ( one to hold nut against motor to keep from twisting stud and breaking wiring loose inside motor ) 3-use other to remove nut holding cable on stud. 4-unplug speed sensor cable to motor at junction point. Do reverse after lift kit is installed.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car