lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Jakes lift and tire/wheel install - how long?

I've had my tires and wheels in the shipping boxes they came in for several months now, and my Jakes 6" spindle lift in the box for several weeks. Just waiting for some time and decent weather to do the install.

I know from doing a lot of my own mods to my Harley, which I no longer own, that things always take a lot longer the first time you do them. Most everything I did to my bike, I could have done again in half the time.

With that said, how much time should I expect it to take to go through all of the steps, from removing the old wheels, etc. to installing the lift kit, doing necessary adjustments, and mounting the new wheels? Is it feasible to do the front and rear on each side vs. doing the front, then the rear, or vice versa? Just curious if I'm looing at a few hours or the better part of a day.

SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jakes lift and tire/wheel install - how long?

Should be able to complete the job in less than 3 hrs.

rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

It shouldn't take more than 2 hours. All I can say, you sure do have patience. When I received my wheels and left in the mail, they got put on that evening. Post some pictures of your cart before and after you install your wheels & left so we all can see.
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Before pic is my Avatar - it pretty much looks like that still. Will definitely put up some after pix. Hard to believe I've had this much patience as well. That's usually not like me.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The hardest part is relocating the rear axle. Take my word for it, call some friends. Doing it alone is NOT fun!
Kent22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car