lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #11
GIMME THE KEYS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Question about weight loads (People)

Ok with this being said , what is the best hd solenoid to go with ? would this help on makeing charge time last ? Also i have a pg motor but did not upgrade controller ,should i ? if so what is the best for this set up ?
GIMME THE KEYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i would think safety has to be a issue 8 people including kids thats an accident waiting to happen.................having said that i have seen 13 people on a C.C. ............ i,m sure all 8 arn,t going to be on it every time all the time......i sure hope not but i would buy some seat belts also or upgrade to a 3 seater..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

I am sure that the OP is aware of most of the safety issues. I mean come on, we have all over loaded our carts at one time or another. I wouldn't make it a habit, but a trip around the neighborhood...that isn't bad. It can be done safely. But I am curious as to what to do to handle the load myself.
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

when your dealing with kids you never know you gould 10 feet and have an accident.........i have seen a lot of kids hurt by falling off a cart at camp with carts only going 10 to 12 mph.......thats why i mentioned safety it can happen in the blink of an eye...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrfan View Post
I am sure that the OP is aware of most of the safety issues. I mean come on, we have all over loaded our carts at one time or another. I wouldn't make it a habit, but a trip around the neighborhood...that isn't bad. It can be done safely. But I am curious as to what to do to handle the load myself.
Don't overload the vehicle. Plain and simple. You can't just bolt stuff on and solve the problems of balance, roll dynamics, or just too much weight for the brakes, springs, axles, spindles, bearings, wheels, tires, etc.

You can beef the cart up, but it's still rated for a certain load.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
BBQandVols
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi all, again....You guys are right I was irresponsible for allowing that many people (friends and neighbors) but it was our first day with our new cart so I guess we just got carried away. My kids (Boys) are 14 and 8 and my wife are having a hard time understanding we can't have that many people in the cart at one time so this thread has been great for enlightening them. Thanks for all the responses and look forward to reading this forum daily.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC 001 (WinCE).jpg (22.7 KB, 7 views)
BBQandVols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQandVols View Post
Hi all, again....You guys are right I was irresponsible for allowing that many people (friends and neighbors) but it was our first day with our new cart so I guess we just got carried away. My kids (Boys) are 14 and 8 and my wife are having a hard time understanding we can't have that many people in the cart at one time so this thread has been great for enlightening them. Thanks for all the responses and look forward to reading this forum daily.
There is still hope for America! Thanx for understanding our concerns, and best of luck with your new cart! Stop by often, we can help you spend your money!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #18
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
There is still hope for America! Thanx for understanding our concerns, and best of luck with your new cart! Stop by often, we can help you spend your money!
+1!!!!!
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car