lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
krc15
Not Yet Wild

Default Resetting Computer

Hello everyone,

Im trying to reset my OBC. I have followed the steps in the stickies. For some reason my reverse horn will not quit buzzing even after 5 min. I checked voltage across the neg on the controller and pos on the first battery. reads 5 volts when peddle is depressed and 6.5 with not depressed. Something must be going on, any ideas???

My cart is a CC 04 president with 600 amp altrax controller 2 gauge wires and a 400 amp HD solenoid, PQ executioner motor. SHUNT cart. 4 12 volt batteries

kevin
krc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: Resetting Computer

Try disconnecting the #1 battery + terminal as well. That should isolate the power source. If the capacitor in the controller does then not discharge with the reverse buzzer you may have unintentionally discovered perpetual motion.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc15 View Post
Hello everyone,

Im trying to reset my OBC. I have followed the steps in the stickies. For some reason my reverse horn will not quit buzzing even after 5 min. I checked voltage across the neg on the controller and pos on the first battery. reads 5 volts when peddle is depressed and 6.5 with not depressed. Something must be going on, any ideas???

My cart is a CC 04 president with 600 amp altrax controller 2 gauge wires and a 400 amp HD solenoid, PQ executioner motor. SHUNT cart. 4 12 volt batteries

kevin
Interesting setup... did Plum Quick do the changeover for you... IQ to Shunt?

Here is a PDF file from Alltrax on resetting the OBC...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rebooting-Club-Car-OBC.pdf (33.3 KB, 31 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

keep in mind for some reason the OBC reset sometimes just dosn,t work......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
GigaWatt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
keep in mind for some reason the OBC reset sometimes just dosn,t work......................
It would not work on my 04 CC DS.
GigaWatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
krc15
Not Yet Wild

Scuba, its always been a shunt cart. Think ur thinking of series. I think anyways. Well without any luck my computer will not reset. Its fine though, didnt really have a reason of resetting it anyways just wanting to try i guess... :)

thanks to all responses

Kevin
krc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc15 View Post
Scuba, its always been a shunt cart. Think ur thinking of series. I think anyways. Well without any luck my computer will not reset. Its fine though, didnt really have a reason of resetting it anyways just wanting to try i guess... :)

thanks to all responses

Kevin
Gotcha... I guess "PQ executioner motor", (Purple Bandit Motor for IQ carts is what I was aware of,) as well as using the "S" word threw me off a bid. PQ was going to do a conversion from IQ to Series is the reason for my question.

This is what PQ states...
PQ 3170 - "The Executioner" 48 Volt Sepex Power Drive Plus I&II 10 spline, 1996 thru 2001 - $550.00

This motor will fit 1996 thru 2001 Club Car Power Drive Plus Regen I & II 10 spline differentials. Motor change only with Regen removed. For added performance, you can upgrade the controller, wires, and solenoid.

So this is working well for you then?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car