lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default DS Frame Question

As I stated in another thread, I recently picked up two carts. One is gas and the other is electric.

The green cart is the electric one and has a ruined front frame section.

My question is: Are the front of the frames the same?

If they are, the one on the white one is still good and I'll use it to check / measure the green cart to see how bad the damage really is.

Thanks,
-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Kidder
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS Frame Question

As far as i know they are the same on the front section.
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I see Nothing wrong you couldn't fix ... Is there something else
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Yes, the nose of the frames are the same. But before you go cutting on one, check out this little piece of information. A Club Car factory lift kit requires you to cut the frame and install Z-Brackets which drop the nose piece down, thus providing lift. These nose pieces are available for purchase either at a dealer or possibly a site sponsor. This would keep you from having to destroy one car to repair another.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the responces! I was thinking they shouldn't be different, but I had to make sure before I messed something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I see Nothing wrong you couldn't fix ... Is there something else
The green cart is pretty banged up and the roof supports are needing totally rebuilt. I was told that the motor slips sometimes too, but the cart was running before the brakes went out and the batteries were removed for use in another cart.

I just wanted to make sure they were the same before I took both cowls of to compare the frames and use the gasser as a pattern for the electric cart.

Before I blew out the disk in my lower back I would have just jumped in with both feet, but now I ask before I jump since bending over for long periods of time can ruin the next day or two for me.

Thanks again,
-Scott H.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes, the nose of the frames are the same. But before you go cutting on one, check out this little piece of information. A Club Car factory lift kit requires you to cut the frame and install Z-Brackets which drop the nose piece down, thus providing lift. These nose pieces are available for purchase either at a dealer or possibly a site sponsor. This would keep you from having to destroy one car to repair another.
That's good to know, thank you! I'll be checking around to see if I can find one.

I'm not planning on cutting the frame of the gas powered cart, only using it as a pattern to fix the electric one.

Thanks again,
-Scott H.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

have fun with your projects, post pics along the way and i hear ya about the back i have had 2 discs removed from my lower back.....3 lower back surgeries and 2 left knee surgeries.............peice of advice about the back stay off the pain meds and try and learn to live with it......get to know your limits and don,t push them...............i have been there and done that since february 26th 1991 and the worse thing i did was let them just keep giving me pain meds.......they handed them to me like they were candy and i payed for it..............has been 18 months since i popped a pill and after the 1st few months of hell not knowing wether i was coming or going i now feel great again..............i just live with it and stay within my limits did i mention i was addicted to the meds and was a drug addict?? i was doing nothing wrong other than seeing my doctor nothing illegal not buying off the street or anything but i was still addicted........NOT ANY MORE.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you for the advice! I have a very high tolerance to pain and do not take pain meds until I absolutely have to. Usually it's only an asprin or two though.

Trust me, after I blew out the disk I learned real quick what my limits were. Going from being able to do anything one second to not being able to move the next is a tough reminder and not one easily forgotten!

People that don't have back problems may not understand, but just like the both of us know: It's not if, it's when, you move wrong you are in major pain.

Thanks again,
-Scott H.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good luck on your pain levels as I have used increasingly bigger doses of morphine to make pain just liveable? I work from the seat of my handicaped scooter and when needed jack cart up to my level ( I have built a swivel rack so able to tilt from side to side for under side access ) rather than DOWN to its level?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car