lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall I Brake Lights?

Yeah, I had a hard time getting the original solder to flow, and I wasn't using a cheezy pencil-tip gun, either! 150w gun for all this, and it still took ages to get things to connect. I was worried about disturbing the original connection, and having even more work to do!

That corrosion on the lower bar was way worse before I cleaned it, too!

We'll see how this all holds up, but if there are any more problems I'll just spring for a new switch assembly.

Honestly, who would have expected 2 separate issues inside the same component? If there are 2 problems in the same system, they are almost always directly related....
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall I Brake Lights?

yep, poor workmanship was the common factor here. unfortunately, i see this a lot in hand assembled electronics, especially since ROHS rules were put into effect.

a little fyi... too much heat can be as big of a problem as not enough. the flux in the rosin core solder is usually sufficient to flow the solder you add to the joint plus the solder already on the joint. if that flux is burned off too quickly, you won't get proper wetting of the joint. additional flux always helps, but i usually just remove the old solder and start over. a temp controllable soldering iron is key!

even a cheap 45w temperature controlled soldering station like the
aoyue 937 aoyue 937
is sufficient for like 99% of the stuff you'll ever attempt to solder.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car