lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Wiring Question

I noticed while troubleshooting why my new brake light switch isn't working that the red power wire actually isn't supplying any power.
1st does anyone know where this wire actually goes to?
2nd I also noticed that on the IQ controller itself that there are 2 plugs that plug into it. One that is a 4 pin plug and mine isn't plugged in. So my question is what does that plug go to? I don't want to just plug it back in and fry something.
Thanks
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring Question

you won't see power at a switch in the form of neg & pos (for the most part). the switch simply makes and breaks the circuit. its like taking a wire, cutting it half, then touching the two ends together. a red wire doesn't necessarily indicate positive voltage.

i know on my turn signal (grote) the brake is trigger by passing a negative signal. not sure about your cart though....
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
you won't see power at a switch in the form of neg & pos (for the most part). the switch simply makes and breaks the circuit. its like taking a wire, cutting it half, then touching the two ends together. a red wire doesn't necessarily indicate positive voltage.

i know on my turn signal (grote) the brake is trigger by passing a negative signal. not sure about your cart though....
-sj
Thanks, I understand how a switch works and yes you need positive power for the CC Precedent brake light switch. It's a plug and play set up but for some reason my red wire isn't supplying any power. I'm not sure where it comes from so I can't trace down the break. I ran a new positive wire from my converter and the brake lights work fine now.

I'm just trying to find out where that wire goes to and maybe I can fix the actual problem and why the 4-pin connector going to the controller isn't plugged in. I'm a little anal about doing things right and wondering why things are the way they are, especially since I bought this cart used.
Thanks again though
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

does this help? not sure if it matches your year...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club-car-precedent-wiring-diagram-a.jpg (226.9 KB, 24 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car