lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Regen convertion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless1 View Post
David I just thought of something my regan 1 has two solenoids will I omit one. Also it has no run/tow switch should I install one when I convert? One last question; any suggestions for an alternant controller that would be cheaper than the CC controller? I see there are many Altrax contollers that appear they might work? More torque than when it last ran would be great; it had more than enough speed and not much torque! This makes me feel stupid but whats the CC 5k-0 throttle about? Thanks again - Brent
Yes, you will omit one. Thanks for reminding me of that. You'll need a Tow/Run switch for a Regen2 or IQ car... same switch. I have no suggestions on controllers as far as aftermarket stuff goes. I'm a dealer tech so that's all I deal with. I don't know a thing about anything else. The 5k-0 throttle means that with the throttle up it puts out 5kohms, and all the way down it puts out 0. That's what you'll need for the IQ system. All the speed switches from Club Car are compatible except for the 36V V-Glide for controller cars, and A9501-A9516 95 Model 48V cars, which were 0-5K.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #22
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

David, I have yet another question. For future referance what is the model/ year of the IQ harness and controller? Thanks once again! Looks like I'm going to have to put you on my if Iever win the lotto list too! Thanks-Brent
clueless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

2002 - 2006 DS IQ

Also, just realized that a 102913301 wire harness will work the same way. It's the newer model wire harness that came out with the DS car with 12Volt batteries in it. It doesn't have the prewiring for the data port and it's about 25% cheaper. You honestly don't need the data port wiring in the harness anyways. You can program it by plugging directly into the controller and if you go with an aftermarket controller the factory data wiring will be useless anyways. If you did however decide you wanted it, there is a factory data harness used with these cars that is available separately if you ever wanted it. Very cheap.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #24
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks David, The 25% cheaper is a definite plus! I orderd parts yesterday but the harness and computer are on back order from CC so I'll see if I can subsitute. Guess I'll have some time to look at it for a while! - Thanks once again!-Brent
Old 09-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #25
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

David, I finally got most of my parts. I'm just waiting for a IQ f/r switch. I do have yet another question though. On the solenoid, (after market HD) I'm not sure witch is the pos. -neg. sides on the small posts. I have a lt. blue coming from key switch and a Blu/wht going to contoller. As you said, the diode is color coded to go to pos. side of the solenoid and I don't know witch side is pos. or where the wires or the diode goes! Is there a simple test i can do with a mult meter? And does it matter on the main pos. going in and coming out of the solenoid THANKS ONCE AGIAN! - Brent
Old 09-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The light blue wire is the positive. If you look at the diode, it should have a red strip on one side of it. This should be the positive side.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #27
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks David, I've felt kinda stupid asking some of the questions I 've asked; I just want to make sure I have everything right before I power it up. I don't want any nasty suprises! Shouldn't be long now. I'll let you know how it all goes once she's up and running.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #28
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless1 View Post
Thanks David, I've felt kinda stupid asking some of the questions I 've asked; I just want to make sure I have everything right before I power it up. I don't want any nasty suprises! Shouldn't be long now. I'll let you know how it all goes once she's up and running.
the only stupid questions are the ones not asked..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #29
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

No problem.... FYI, the Regen F&R Switch is the same as the IQ... You shouldn't need a new one.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #30
clueless1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

David, I finally got her all together! She runs like a raped ape! Clocked it at about 30 mph on a paved road (to fast). It does have plenty torque now too! I ended up useing a programable DCX Altrax controller so I'll try and reduce the max speed. It's just stupid fast. I don't want any one rolling it. (Son or his friends). You were right on the V-glide; it is a little jerky, If I come into some extra cabage sometime I'll invest in a mcor. As of now though I've spent my allowance for the next 6 months; guess I won't be fishing much for a while! One other thing the F/R switch was different. The old one for regen 1 had five or six posts the new one only three and I had to trim the rocker a little to rock in the housing. Thanks so very much! I was great to actually have someone help me that I was confident they knew what they were talking about! Once again You're on my if I ever win the lottery list.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car