lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to do? Registration dilemma?

NY has a LUA (Limited Use Automobile) designation for LSV's, but can't find any golf cart language . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #12
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
NY has a LUA (Limited Use Automobile) designation for LSV's, but can't find any golf cart language . . .
Yes, this is precisely what I am hoping I could get mine licensed as.

I'm hoping that if I present a FL title/registration for a "ASPT" brand LSV, that I would simply get a NY registration for a "ASPT" brand LUA...

There are currently golf-cart style vehicles running around town about 2 miles from me, LUA's from the local college. This is probably why we haven't been stopped yet. But sooner or later they're going to notice there's no plate on the thing....

Worst case, I'm pretty convinced that even if NY wouldn't let me do it, the valid FL plate would be accepted by my local police. (Since they accept a license plate with chinese characters on it now! It is a valid plate, but I'd like to see them run it!)
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

steve maybe you can stop and ask whoever it is thats driving the other carts around or the college what they had to do......have you tried contacting the police to see what they say??................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #14
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Just ask em. See what they say.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

if you can work out the details, you can ship it here and i'll go stand in line at the DMV etc... but honestly, i just can't picture something like this going down smoothly. one little overlooked minute detail could easily be a deal breaker.

if you aren't working and have nothing else to do, condo's here are CHEAP during the off-season! a few years back, before the housing market and economy really tanked hard, i lived in a $600,000 , 2 bedroom, gulf view condo for $1000 a month, including utilities! studio units were $600/mo. i would imagine they've gotta much cheaper since then. you would fit right in with the rest of the snowbirds
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg panama-city-beach-condo.jpg (15.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HI42819457.jpg (18.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HI42819449.jpg (21.6 KB, 4 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
one little overlooked minute detail could easily be a deal breaker.
-sj
I know, this is precisely what I'm worried about. If I show up with an insurance card with my NY address, will this be a problem? Will FL let me register a car with a NY license? What about a permanent NY address?

Surely people do this from time to time; there must be some people who keep their northeast drivers license/residency, yet register a vehicle in FL?

It just gets so complicated. I would absolutely do it, if I was sure it would work. I'm just far from certain it will work!

I'm pretty certain of this, however. A valid plate on my cart, even a FL plate, will almost certainly be just fine in the small town I live in. That's why I keep coming back to this idea....
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #17
CajunDavid
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Call a trusted NY NEV dealer. But I suspect that NY (like Wisconsin) will only title vehicles with a 17 digit VIN.

EDit: I searched NY law and found that (like Wisconsin), NY requires a certification label by the manufacturer stating it was manufactured as a LSV.

Good Luck!

DAVID
CajunDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

there are definitely people who's primary residence is out of state and have cars registered in FL... certainly there is some way to do it. if you had to have a FL DL, wonder if you could apply using the condo address?

with enough research, i think a confident plan can be devised.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car