lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #21
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Does anyone carry a fire extinguisher on board

They are still out there we keep them on all our engines. Al Gore would love this....You now the smoke effect people use at the football games for players to come out of the tunnel....yeah they're just doing some CO2 extinguisher training and all those players just happened to be running through there.
BAFireman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #22
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFireman84 View Post
I'm curious were you guys are finding halon extinguishers at? They as far as I know have been out of production for sometime because they are extremely dangerous to humans and animals. Halon is a gas that displaces oxygen eliminating an essential component of combustion. Since it is a gas it usually is harmless to electrical objects, but since it displaces O2 it is a little bit of a problem for anything that breathes or used to! Sorry fireman humor. Go with an ABC and a big one.
I sold fire control systems back in the late 80's and halon was ideal in an enclosed space like a boat engine compartment, computer room or aircraft and are still in use today. Halon systems are getting harder to find as halon hasn't been produced for 15 years or so. If you have a halon system and it needs recharging, only recycled halon is available and it is getting expensive.
The only approved fire control device available for aircraft is halon. Halon extinguishers are available from these people in OK: http://www.amerex-fire.com/distribut...d=&state_id=36
I have a halon 1301 system on my boat and a hand-held but have been warned that if it discharges I should change to the FE-241, FM-200 or another alternative because of the cost.
Even though dry chem is corrosive and messy it is still the best choice for a golf cart.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #23
BAFireman84
Gone Wild

Club Car

I started as a firefighter in the Air Force and we had 3 large halon tanks at the station for refilling the portable halon extinguishers on the flight line, but every since I've crossed over to the civilian side I never see or mess with it anymore. Very effective at fighting aircraft fires to bad it's phasing out. I agree with you though ABC dry chem will do the job 100% of the time 75% of the time!!!
BAFireman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #24
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
ABC dry chem will do the job 100% of the time 75% of the time!!!
How true!
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
They are still out there we keep them on all our engines. Al Gore would love this....You now the smoke effect people use at the football games for players to come out of the tunnel....yeah they're just doing some CO2 extinguisher training and all those players just happened to be running through there.
Remember all the " B " movies with the fog in the graveyards? Yep, C02! It's used a lot for movie effects. It's a great fire depressant too! It displaces oxygen and it's cold!

" Hot Ice " = C02! :)

I forgot, Hi Al!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #26
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Remember all the " B " movies with the fog in the graveyards? Yep, C02! It's used a lot for movie effects. It's a great fire depressant too! It displaces oxygen and it's cold!

" Hot Ice " = C02! :)

I forgot, Hi Al!
or theatrical fog passed through a chiller...

the one halon tank i have is decommissioned telecom scrap. they could no longer re-certify the tank so they had to "throw them out".
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car