lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #21
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: 04 Club Car Precedent...how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
I hear what you are saying but I wouldn't make any assumptions either way, good or bad. Check it yourself. In my opinion, rather than going prepared to buy regardless, I'd be prepared to suck it up and make it a wasted trip if I found anything other than what the seller claims. Unless he is willing to deal on price based on what you find.

Anytime, I go to buy something like that, I've done all the checking I can over the phone or online before I'll take the time and spend the gas money to go get it. So, my mind is made up to buy it, but only under the conditions that it is what I expected. I'm always prepared to walk away if something isn't right.

Agree on the warranty, though. Hard to use that if a round trip would buy a new battery or two anyway. All the more reason to be prepared to check things out as best you can. "caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)" Learned that in real estate school and even more through the school of hard knocks.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #22
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

My cart runs 16mph on flat ground with a GPS.
My price for the cart I have. My cart is the 07 Precedent W/4 month old batteries when I got it a month or so ago with no add on's or mod's and I paid $2,000. I believe that I got a good deal. The cart looked new, tires were good and good batteries. The windshield had someone’s initials scratched into it so I replaced it.

Since then, I've installed a light kit and a flip rear seat. I have a 6" A-Arm lift to install as soon as my 22" tires come in.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #23
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know someone that lives down near (about 20 miles) the cart so I am going to have him go check some things out for me before I make the decision to drive there. Test drive it, test the batteries (if he has a tester), anything else to look for besides the obvious cosmetics, etc?
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #24
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
I know someone that lives down near (about 20 miles) the cart so I am going to have him go check some things out for me before I make the decision to drive there. Test drive it, test the batteries (if he has a tester), anything else to look for besides the obvious cosmetics, etc?
That is a good idea. I bought my 05 Precedent a few weeks ago and he was selling it for $2100. It is the owner of the company I work for which helped and I knew it would need batteries and brought it to his attention. He dropped the price to $1800 to cover half of the cost of batteries. It was fair but I also got a cart that was only used around 6 times and is brand new looking so I ran with it Here is my cart.....http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...-club-car.html
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #25
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

thats a heck of a nice find!! I have actually found another 04 with 08 batteries for $1500so im gonna send this friend to go check that one out first. The $300 I would save by buying this one over the other one would cover for half of a new set of batteries as well. And it's a little easier talking the wife into spending $1500 vs $1800.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #26
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
thats a heck of a nice find!! I have actually found another 04 with 08 batteries for $1500so im gonna send this friend to go check that one out first. The $300 I would save by buying this one over the other one would cover for half of a new set of batteries as well. And it's a little easier talking the wife into spending $1500 vs $1800.
I did luck out that's for sure. It was his mothers cart and she never used it and she has another one that she does use. If it's like my wife still tell her $1800 and put the extra $300 into the battery fund
Old 10-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #27
chads242
Not Yet Wild

Changing the 04 club car to 8 volt was super easy you can relocate the hole controls behind the battery box and I only had to extend 10 wires and move the charging port ahead 1 inch to clear the inside of the battery box. The + and - battery cables also worked without changing the to the controller. So now I am set to buy 8 volt batteries . Hope this helps
chads242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #28
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

good call !!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #29
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
That is a good idea. I bought my 05 Precedent a few weeks ago and he was selling it for $2100. It is the owner of the company I work for which helped and I knew it would need batteries and brought it to his attention. He dropped the price to $1800 to cover half of the cost of batteries. It was fair but I also got a cart that was only used around 6 times and is brand new looking so I ran with it Here is my cart.....http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...-club-car.html
Nice cart. You might as well say it is new except the batteries. You got a steal knocking $300 off so you could replace them with new.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #30
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
Nice cart. You might as well say it is new except the batteries. You got a steal knocking $300 off so you could replace them with new.
Being 6 year old batteries they still work great but I'm not going to push them and feel it's time to install some new ones. I know it sat alot and the batteries were not cared for correctly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car