lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #11
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery removal

I may just use some rope and lift them straight out. Will they lift straight up this way?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I may just use some rope and lift them straight out. Will they lift straight up this way?
My batteries have a "slit" on each end for a plastic strap to be inserted into . . . I had no plastic strap to use . . I used a 1/4" diameter clothes line cord and it worked fine . . . could maneuver easily in and out . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
shecky25
Not Yet Wild

I had to remove my batteries yesterday and it sucked. I knew they were heavy just not that heavy. Like they say use gloves. I didn't and when I put my fingers under the batteries it was damp from battery acid and my finger felt like they caught fire. I am not strong and it took all of me to pull them out. Its the awkward position that makes it hard to remove.
shecky25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky25 View Post
I had to remove my batteries yesterday and it sucked. I knew they were heavy just not that heavy. Like they say use gloves. I didn't and when I put my fingers under the batteries it was damp from battery acid and my finger felt like they caught fire. I am not strong and it took all of me to pull them out. Its the awkward position that makes it hard to remove.
12V, correct? With a strap or rope attached were you able to lift them straight up and out?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Lead acid batteries contain, well acid. Always wear protective gear when handling them, as you never know what is gonna happen.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #16
tcr0148
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I used a 1/4" rope and a large screw driver to remove my batteries (creating a bridle). I wrapped the rope around and then twisted the screwdriver until the rope got really tight. Worked out well
tcr0148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Are we talking about using a battery strap like this?

Attachment 56200
If you use one of these be very careful that you don't bend or break off the terminal end! They are just soft lead.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #18
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I had to remove my batteries yesterday and it sucked. I knew they were heavy just not that heavy.
. . . about 70 or so lbs each, depending on quality . . . for us "little guys", they feel about 125 lbs each . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the best thing is spend 10 bucks and get a battery lifting strap..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #20
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
the best thing is spend 10 bucks and get a battery lifting strap..............................
Tom, whats the best way to attach the strap to the battery terminals for lifting? Use a nut and fender washer?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car