lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
hms11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 89 Marathon Build

Hey guys, you helped me get my cart running right when I first got it. Have good mechanical knowledge but these little carts are a little strange with their start-stop nature. Anyways, here's my cart from when I got it, to where it is currently with a Dirt Late Model nose and roof. Thanks for the help, another marathon still kicking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20111130-00041.jpg (122.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20111201-00042.jpg (166.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120216-00051.jpg (161.7 KB, 24 views)
hms11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
hms11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 Marathon Build

Nose still has to be painted matte black to match. Have white skirting for the doors and side skirts. Built a new seat out of grey marine vynl, plywood, sound deadner underside and school bus foam Nothing fancy, low budget was the name of the game. Just couldn't leave it as ugly as it was. Thanks for the help getting an old girl running!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20120216-00052.jpg (173.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120229-00053.jpg (138.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120229-00054.jpg (155.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Ghall
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Going to look good with that nose. I would like to have one of them lifts!
Keep the pix coming.
Ghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Night
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice shop.

Mark
Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
hms11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys,
The shop is actually shop at my parents where I keep the race car and work on whatever project I have on the side. I've got a nice solid barn on my property I would love to turn into a race shop but thats going to have to wait until i'm not/less broke lol.

Here's the cart after the nose was painted. It's the nose from last years race body cut down so don't mind the battle scars and rivit holes.
The other picture is how and wear I mounted the HEI before I cleaned up the wiring.

Its going to keep the stock wheels for now, painted white maybe with chrome 'moon' caps. old school hot rod style. How would a 2-stroke sound through lake pipes?

Now my buddy/co-owner just has to finish up his seat recovering/stereo install. My girlfriend thought I was nuts until I told her she could use it at the track to go to the beer tent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20120301-00055.jpg (114.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20120301-00056.jpg (115.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by hms11; 03-01-2012 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: forgot about the other pic
Old 03-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Looks good hms11 now lets get all the facts. You posted RACE CAR and money in the same post and not so broke. NOW that's funny. As they say you can make a small fortune in racing if you start with a HUGE ONE. ie. start with 10 million and you can make $500.000 Right? Now we'll through in the golf cart guess it's not going to cost anything RIGHT NOW but you have only began.Oh we'll put off the upgrades for a bit YA I'LL BET. OPPS forgot about the GIRLFRIEND bit.$$$$$$ I hope she buys the beer. BEER at a race track are you kidding? Sorry I couldn't resist racing dirt late models the exhaust the after race party"s the money and were not going there with the girlfriend thing this is a family site. GOOD LUCK hms11 been there and done it 30yrs retired or should I say TIRED.

LOU RACIN 161
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
hms11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

racin161, I'm well aware of the slippery slope I'm on lol. Dirt Late Models are one of the most efficient means of turning money into noise and heat that I've ever come across. But at least its a blast while doing it! The beer garden is on the granstand side, drivers not allowed until after the races but fans and girlfriends fill the place up because it's right beside turn 4 with a great view of the front stretch.

She buys the beer, so more money for tires! As far as the rest of the Late Model lifestyle, well.... It's been a ride so far! My non-existant fortune would be a negative fortune if not for great sponsors and some decent success.

I keep saying upgrades can wait, and then I keep looking at the Ski-Doo Citation sitting beside the garage with a 25HP one lunger air cooled 2-stroke and I can't figure out why I SHOULDN't put that in this old Marathon. It should even be able to run in reverse if I can figure out a seperate timing circuit for it.

Here's a picture of the car from last year, bring back any memories?

Corey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0225.jpg (174.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
racin161
Gone Wild

Cory just to let you know I WOULD do it again with the right ride just not full seasons any more I'm not going to run 4 nights a week. Guess I'm saying if you need a backup driver give me a call I'll be good for a heat race. Good looking car Wish you many Wins this season.
Let G Friend buy the baby moons
Old 03-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
hms11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

We only run 1-2 nights a week, it's definatly not my day job, although we probably put 20-40 hours a week into the thing, not including race day itself. Glutten for punishment I guess

We're looking forward to this season. We had quite a roll going into the end of last season. you may be a little far away to be a sub driver but I'll keep you in mind

I don't know if I'll be able to convince the GF to buy the baby moons. She's happy as long as it starts and runs (when I first bought the cart it left us stranded a couple times, always at the bottom of a hill of course. so needless to say, she was a bit skeptical of it for a while.)
Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #10
racin161
Gone Wild

Cory good looking car but I wouldn't stand to close to that trophy girl in the photoGood luck with your cart and keep us posted. Oh and we need pics of the girl friend.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO