lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default transaxle slipping help

I put my OEM transaxle gears back in today. Put the rear end back together and the **** thing is slipping and will not hardly take off. I used 30 sae engine oil (same as before) and cannot figure out why its slipping

I can hear a screeching noise like springs or metal rubbing. I found shavings in the oil. The transmission works, it goes in forward and reverse.

IS IT MY DIFFERENTIAL CLUTCH? I just cant see how it can be the gear thing, everything works as far as it going in forward/reverse and neutral.

Please anyone that can help?
fritster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: transaxle slipping help

Am I missing a keyway somewhere, I never saw one, but I think I hurried to much?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

tearing back down tomorrow :( I think that the splines stripped on the axle or in the diff because there si NO key way in my axle, the ring gear bolts to the diff and the small gear is splined.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Problem solved. The dummy at the mechanic shop that pressed off my bearing and changed the ring gear for me, dropped the spider gear that goes in the diff, under the ring gear and never even noticed. I went back to the mechanic shop and sure enuff, there it was next to the press on the cement. WTF? DO IT URSELF or u get screwed?

Anyone have an old 4 cycle ezgo transaxle for parts? I need the 3 spacers that go on the shaft of one of the gears. For some reason, mine are missing and I doubt I can get those form EZGO?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
rib33024

That sucks when you take some thing to the shop and they do some thing stupid like that, glad you found out what it was
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO