lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Different problem

Haven't had this one come up before so thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas. My cart is a 99 workhorse with a 350.

Just been using the cart to putt around the place and do some work, so haven't taken it on a long drive for a while. Thought I'd take the cart to the river today which is a little over a mile away. Had to stop along the way and open two gates she started fine after each. Also stopped at my trail camera long enough to change the SD card and it started find again.

Stopped back at the first gate and when I went to start it, the cart started right up, but only at an idle. No matter how much gas I gave it, it was just an idle. I stopped it and put it in neutral. Again it started right up, but only at an idle. I sat there with it running this way for over a minute and then it picked up power. I stopped it put it in gear and it started and drove off.

Taking no chances I didn't bother to stop at the second gate and drove all the way home. Had to go up a steep hill and it did seem a little slower then normal, but we made it up fine. When I got home I stopped, tried to start it again, and got the same idle only. I put it in neutral and sat again trying to pick up speed. It took over a minute but again it picked up speed and the engine ran fine.

As I said this is the first time it's done anything like this, so thought I'd see what the experts think.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Different problem

Could be a few things, Start with the basics and tune er up (plug, clean air filter, change oil). If that doesnt help you may try cleaning out the cart as it sounds like you may use it in some rough/sandy terrain. Alot of times a simple valve adjustments gets these motors right back in top shape so do that also...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
reinman88
Gone Wild

I was thinking valve adjustment. Plug is fairly new, blew out the air filter before starting the trip and changed oil not too long ago.

For me the key was start stop around here with short runs, and it's been no problem. Take a long run where it heats up more and I have an idle and nothing more.

Last summer and last fall I made this long run numerous times, but never had this occur then.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
graysonk95
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My cart will do the same thing, specifically in the winter or after not being run for a while.
Everything is in tip-top shape, but sometimes it just sits and idles with the pedal on the floor.

I find that if you hold the choke in when it won't go it revs up in a few seconds.
graysonk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Think I would first put a new fuel filter on it
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
I find that if you hold the choke in when it won't go it revs up in a few seconds.
I'll remember that if it does it again.

Quote:
Think I would first put a new fuel filter on it
If it's a fuel filter, wouldn't I have problems at other times instead of just after a long run of a couple miles.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

short trips might let enough gas in where long trips are sucking more gas, bet its your filter
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO