lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafishergal View Post
We took the charger to a local repair shop and he confirmed that the charger was NOT working.
How did he confirm it was not working?

My charger stopped working yesterday. A quick look at the plug on the cord, where the charger plugs into the cart, showed slightly melted plastic and a sunken plug. (crappy off-brand LVS Sales charger) Must have gotten warm enough to distort the plastic during one of the recent charge cycles...

Short term, I pulled the sunken plug back out, and stuck it in the cart, and it indeed began charging.

Long term? I guess I need to see if Club Car sells those plugs...
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
How did he confirm it was not working?

My charger stopped working yesterday. A quick look at the plug on the cord, where the charger plugs into the cart, showed slightly melted plastic and a sunken plug. (crappy off-brand LVS Sales charger) Must have gotten warm enough to distort the plastic during one of the recent charge cycles...

Short term, I pulled the sunken plug back out, and stuck it in the cart, and it indeed began charging.

Long term? I guess I need to see if Club Car sells those plugs...
http://www.evdrives.com/battery_charger_connectors.html
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #13
flafishergal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 Club Car suddenly won't charge

The repair shop guy plugged in the charger to a cart and got nothing, same as what we got with our cart. He wanted $25 to diagnose the issue. Since this particular shop was a bit of a drive, I was thinking of bringing it to a closer shop to look at. But first, I wanted to see if there was a simple fix I could try first. Right now, I'm still unemployed and not having a lot of extra money for luxuries like the golf cart. (Although as far as I'm concerned, my cart is an essential to good mental health.)
flafishergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #14
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2000 Club Car suddenly won't charge

Hint: Jumper the 2 big wires from the relay. leave the two smaller wires (one is blue) alone. Use at leasr 16awg wire. if the charger works, replace the relay. If it is clicking when the plug to the cart is inserted, measure the resistance between the 2 posts, before you remove the jumper and hook the wires up. If no click or the 2 posts do not go to less than 2 ohms, replace relay. If this is ok, reattach wires to relay, plug the unit to cart, and measure the voltage at the big black and white wires from the cart plug. if not battery pack voltage, the cable or connector is bad. Plug the AC cord in, and CAREFULLY measure the center post of the diode pack with the + lead and the - lead to the black wire. should be 2-8 volts greater than the battery pack voltage. If not, replace the diode assembly.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car