lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: fuel timing

I tested mine with no gas cap on.
CHEESEMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It was just a thought. I was having fuel delivery problems with my 79 marathon and i bought a pump rebuild kit and it took care of my issue. One of the plastic diaphram was cracked.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #13
devon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well there is two other things that i just did to mine the other day also that could be the issue especially if there is a flow problem. take off the pump nad put a piece of bag just over the hole. of it keeps the bag standing straight up then it has a good vacumm. i had to replace the sleeve gasket with some silicone and i went back to the same old 1-2 inches. (after it got presukre again it bogged out on me) alsocheck the rings. take off the exhast from the motor and use something to move the piston with, if it moves (besides a very slight spin, it is the rings. they like to burn out after a while.
devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

I've ran a compression tester on mine. It's running 120ish! So, i have enough compression. I just tried turning it over with full choke, hand over the carb intake, and no fire. I pulled the spark plug, it was popcorn fart dry. And it has spark! So, my issue has to be fuel pump issue.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #15
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If there is no fuel in the bowl of the carb, it is the fuel pump or the needle valve. If there is fuel in the bowl, probably carb...

Lou S.
suffolklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Heres my suggestion: scribe he fump with a pick so it goes back together correctly and take it apart clean it and make sure the diaphrams are not cracked. Its a pretty common on the pumps. There are two diaphrams and two gaskets.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #17
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I tore apart my fuel pump, and everything looked good inside and out. Cleaned a little varnish out of some corners of the pump. The diaphragms, looked good, no cracks or tears. Are they supposed to be rubber, or plastic like? Mine were hardish, almost like plastic. But looked fairly in good condition. so, I pulled the carb, and it all looks good, just a little crap in the bowl, but considering how old this thing is, it looks good. Clean butterflies and such.

But I did find this, which is the fuel pump base gasket, insulator.
Which might be causing my weak fuel delivery? Hopefully, a new one will be cheap if I can't source one off the non running cart.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #18
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My pump has the clear plastic diaphrams. You can still buy those insulators. Make sure you buy the insulator and fuel pump gasket when you bolt everything back on.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #19
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My insulator came off just like yours. I haven't had any luck finding one. Found one on a website, only to call and find kit that they were discontinued last year. In another thread on here someone mentioned they made one out of plexiglass. I bought an electric fuel pump, and it is working good now.

Lou S.
suffolklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #20
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Try vintagegolfcartparts.com. i hope im not out of line here since they arent a sponser but its hard findung parts for older carts. Especially mine since its a 79 gasser.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO