lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax Controller Problem in Precedent

Ok guys, I tried the two curves that Alltrax sent me and they did not seem to help at all. I did not try them with multiple throttle settings because I just didnt see them working very well . However, I did take speedchasers advice and use the inductive curve with the throttle up rate at 2 and throttle down rate at 5. Ok heres the weird part, the cart ran the smoothest with this setup but it was still seemed to surge a little, so I put the throttle down rate to 0 (dont know why I did this I was just messing around with different settings) and the cart run really smooth. The only thing I dont like about this programming setup is that it takes it a few seconds to reach top speed so I will be losing some torque at the beginning, but i think I will sacrifice that for a smooth ride.
B_Alford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Funny, when I set on zero the cart does not move. I set on three because that gave me the smoothest acceleration without sacrificing too much git up and go.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

well that is just weird, I dont know I guess I can mess with it some more, but that setup gave me the smoothest acceleration. Dont get me wrong it does still has plenty get up and go it just takes it a little longer.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #14
Chipster27
Getting Wild

I'm having the same issue. Alltrax500, Precedent, Plum Quick Bandit. I'm using a special map Alltrax created something with a 4 in the file name (I think). Very jerky throttle when you try to be smooth with it. I've figured it out but when others drive my cart it's very jerky. Also, with the map I have the throttle doesn't kick on until you've pressed the pedal about 1/2 way. I was initially thinking there was something wrong with the electronics in my pedal (I forget what it's called) but after reading this I'm sure it's an Alltrax issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #15
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Just a little update, this may help someone who is having this same problem.
I emailed Alltrax letting them know that the two curves did not help and they replied by saying if those two didnt work then I would need to get a meter and check the resistance of the throttle.
Pop the 16 pin white connector off the front of the controller and locate the white wire and yellow wires and insert meter into those two wires. Slowly push throttle and check and see if the resistance decreases smoothly or sporadically.

I havent tried this yet on my cart but I was just going to let you guys know.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

They are trying to say it could be a cart problem, however both my carts work perfectly with the curtis controller and stock motor. However, We had another DS cart where we upgraded the motor with the stock curtis controller and it lost its smoothness as well. Lets face it, the bigger motors do not like to be feathered with just a little juice, they need enough juice to get going so that is the main reason I think they are so jerky at low throttle because they just are not getting enough juice to turn smoothly.

Thus is the reason I believe the best solution is the proper curve and throttle up settings. This allows you to mash the pedal without full power engaging immediately that results in the motor getting enough power to turn smoothly.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #17
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
I'm having the same issue. Alltrax500, Precedent, Plum Quick Bandit. I'm using a special map Alltrax created something with a 4 in the file name (I think). Very jerky throttle when you try to be smooth with it. I've figured it out but when others drive my cart it's very jerky. Also, with the map I have the throttle doesn't kick on until you've pressed the pedal about 1/2 way. I was initially thinking there was something wrong with the electronics in my pedal (I forget what it's called) but after reading this I'm sure it's an Alltrax issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here, here. My friends, who have driven my cart, also complain about the jerkiness.

I have my Throttle up rate set at 8 - hmm, seems pretty high now. This was so that I get full power when climbing the hills on the hunt lease. I think, I'll try a much lower setting as discussed here for during off season at least and see how it goes.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Alford2 View Post
I emailed Alltrax letting them know that the two curves did not help and they replied by saying if those two didnt work then I would need to get a meter and check the resistance of the throttle.
Pop the 16 pin white connector off the front of the controller and locate the white wire and yellow wires and insert meter into those two wires. Slowly push throttle and check and see if the resistance decreases smoothly or sporadically.
That's what I was suspecting with mine. I guess it could be the MCOR (about $125). Mine seems to almost stall if I slowly depress the pedal through the range of motion. It does't completely cut out, but it accelerates, hesitates, accelerates, hesitates. If I just mash it or quickly press the pedal it's fine. I've driven my cart enough and know how to make it work, but when someone else jumps in my cart it can be a new experience for them
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #19
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

The only reason I dont believe this is the problem is because I have had my cart for a couple of months before upgrading the controller and have never had a an issue with the MCOR. Unless upgrading the controller has somehow messed it up. I am just going to keep my controller settings the same as I have previously described since its the smoothest ride, at least until someone figures out someting more about this issue.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #20
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Alford2 View Post
The only reason I dont believe this is the problem is because I have had my cart for a couple of months before upgrading the controller and have never had a an issue with the MCOR. Unless upgrading the controller has somehow messed it up. I am just going to keep my controller settings the same as I have previously described since its the smoothest ride, at least until someone figures out someting more about this issue.
Weird. I bought my Alltrax, installed it and nothing happened. I metered EVERY wire to make sure it worked and still nothing. Put my old controller back in and everything worked fine. I called Alltrax on it and they said send the controller in. I sent it in, they "found nothing" wrong and sent it back. I re-installed it and everything worked

My cart is at the lake now so I don't have it to screw around with. I might try changing the settings....again and seeing if I can get the latest Alltrax map for it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car