lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
kolohe
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool Speed Envy

So once micro switch is fixed (Dif Thread) I am tired of my cart only going 15 MPH... have a 97 CC DS 48v series.. batts only two years old and i keep them maintained once a month as told on this forum... went from 23in tires to 22in tires helped a little bit but looks better with the bigger tires. I am looking into a tourqe and speed upgrade kit from buggies unlimited. The kit includes (pic attached)

+ weld cable set/4 ga/600a cc iq

+ motor/ d&d/ cc/ speed & torque

+ controller/ 500a/ cc pdp/ d&d tor/spd

+ solenoid/ 48v/ 200a/ d&d kits

+ diode/ 1 amp/ d&d motor kits

+ resistor/ 470/ d&d motor kit

So what else am i going to need to buy and install to get this thing to at least 25 mph?

Side note she has a slight seems like griding noise at top speed and a slight wobble in the rear as well and its not the rims and tires as i just replaced them both! not sure if it is gears????

So advice and or help on this massive pain in my arse would be greatly appreciated...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trq and speed kit for ccds.jpg (17.5 KB, 0 views)
kolohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
kolohe
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Envy

Just to clarify I am the one that is speed envious ... Been quiet so far.. Just to correct I went from Sahara king 22x11x10 to a Sahara classic 22x11x10 same size but when put next to each other the classics are almost an inch off... Read another post that I could possibly have a worn out guide ring at the end of the motor shaft.. Should I replace now or when I replace the motor? The lift is an all sport lift as well...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolohe View Post
Just to clarify I am the one that is speed envious ... Been quiet so far.. Just to correct I went from Sahara king 22x11x10 to a Sahara classic 22x11x10 same size but when put next to each other the classics are almost an inch off...
The classics bigger? They were in my case by quite a bit.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
kolohe
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Classics were actually smaller next to the Sahara kings... Not sure why when they are the "same size"
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your looking for a speed and upgrade kit why buy from BU just get scotty here and you,ll be much happier......what he sells is top of line and what he makes is top notch.......his cables are by far the best out there and his one on one service is pricless.......also hes on these forums daily and has a lot invested as far as keeping it on the up and up ....................sorry i,m not tooting his horn i,m just telling it like it is from a business point of view......try at least talking with him before you spend your money.......there are many many members here riding around with his stuff in their carts me included and you,ll be hard pressed to find someone who isn,t happy..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll toot the horn for Scottyb:

Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Call Scotty B!!!
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
kolohe
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quality sounds good for Scotty B how about price comparison? I always leave my options open... just had solenoid replaced on the cart due to it dieing.. its a 600 inrush and 200a continuous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid.JPG (561.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I have this same speed and torque kit. First I had it in a big cart I used for serious offroad, never any problems climbing or going through any kind of mud. I was turning 26" tall tires and on flat pavement was running a hair under 30 mph. I got rid of that cart but took the complete setup out and now its in a slightly lowered cart on lo profile 205/30-14 tires. Torque will snap your neck and it leaves 2 foot blackmarks on our concrete driveway while trying to pull the front wheels off the ground. I get 25 mph in this cart. I wouldn't hesitate at all buying this setup again. Also, I've had mine a little over 5 yrs without any problems. DnD motors rock.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

My setup is very similar as well (07 Precedent, DnD Torque & Speed, 500a Alltrax, 400a Solenoid, 4G Cables, Upgraded Resistor/Diode). It is great for torque - goes up steep hills; gets right through mud and ruts. But my top speed is 22-23 on flat ground with 23 inch tires. DnD website quotes 21mph for this combination. To get more speed you may need to go with a bigger rear end gear.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car