lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
corywash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Can I replace metal arm rest with newer plastic style on 97 Club Car?

I am cleaning up a 1997 Club Car DS. It is a 48V if that matters. I would like to upgrade the arm rests to the newer plastic style. I currently have the metal type that look a little old. Can I just buy the armrests and hook them to the seat I have? Or can I buy a used seat from the newer style DS and have it fit on mine? I have got it up and running and now I am trying to dress it up. I was going to put new seat covers on but I hate to if I can't upgrade the armrests while I am at it. Thanks in advance I have read a lot of very helpful posts on this site as I was getting the cart running. Would still be cussing in the garage if it weren't for all the helpful advice shared by the good people here.
corywash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Romrok
Not Yet Wild

The seat skin, foam, ply bottom and rests are unique to the 2 styles of seat. They are interchangeable between carts with either style. I feel the plastic handle ones are better for distributing weight on the body and cause less damage with heavy loads.

Goodluck
Rom
Romrok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arm rest, club car 1997, seats
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car