lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
rinierd
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent speed question

So I have a 2008.5 precedent 48 volt with speed code 4. Also has lift and 22" tires. On full charge my top speed is 19 mph, does this sound right? Could there be something else that is slowing this down, I thought I should be in the low 20's. any suggestions would be great. I have a digital volt meter installed and on a full charge I am around 51 volts.

Also, how low can I run the volts on the cart before it stops working and I'm stranded? I would like to use the voltmeter kind of as a fuel gage.

Thanks
rinierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Romrok
Not Yet Wild

On the speed, 19 and a bit is the limit with the 4th speed code. Once you break 20 I hear there are some weird licence and insurance issues when it comes to on road use in the USA.

Goodluck
Rom
Romrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
rinierd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent speed question

I thought that I was reading that speed code 4 would give 19 mph but the larger tires should put it in the 20's. for some reason I'm not seeing that.
rinierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

your speed cal may be set high. take it to a dealer and have the speed cal set to 0
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinierd View Post
I thought that I was reading that speed code 4 would give 19 mph but the larger tires should put it in the 20's. for some reason I'm not seeing that.
It's a common misinterpretation from people. I see it all the time. By programming to speed 4 all you're doing is programming the controller to "allow" speeds of up to 19.6 MPH before it begins to slow itself. This in no way will increase the power of the vehicle to get the extra speed out of it. Just remember you're still working with a factory golf car powertrain that doesn't have much power. Just because it's electronically capable of those speeds, doesn't mean it'll run them. A Club Car IQ vehicle with factory sized tires, properly inflated tires, a healthy battery pack, brakes that are not dragging, and one passenger will run 19.6MPH on level ground. Change any of these variables and it probably won't happen.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I've got the same year model with 6" lift and 23" tires that will run in the 22-23 range on flat ground. But it is a 1 year old battery pack in great shape, new 4 ga cables, brakes adjusted correctly, tires inflated to 10 lbs, etc. Like David said, other things affect the speed in addition to having the speed code 4.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
I've got the same year model with 6" lift and 23" tires that will run in the 22-23 range on flat ground. But it is a 1 year old battery pack in great shape, new 4 ga cables, brakes adjusted correctly, tires inflated to 10 lbs, etc. Like David said, other things affect the speed in addition to having the speed code 4.
Exactly!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car