lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default My frustrations are growing - Alltrax Solid red light

Ok, Have a look at this thread..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tle-issue.html

Based on that I ordered a new Alltrax AXE and installed it. At first it didn't power up, I checked all the cables and then it powered up. Worked for a bit and then when I tried it again, it will now not function. It comes on with a solid red light. No green lights at all, just a solid red light. At first it powered up light is supposed to, flash a number of times to indicate the throttle. But now it just instantly goes to a solid red light when the power is applied....

THOUGHTS? I am losing mind on this cart.... Did this brad new controller just go bad?
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: My frustrations are growing - Alltrax Solid red light

Its possible, according to Alltrax, solid red means the controller is in programmming mode but if you are not programming it could be another probelem. Maybe call Alltrax.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

So this is what happened, the controller lost power while in programming mode and now it is in boot mode. Have to send it back to Alltrax for repair.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
So this is what happened, the controller lost power while in programming mode and now it is in boot mode. Have to send it back to Alltrax for repair.
Wow, sounds like a nightmare...
Hopefully it all works out in the end...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I making some head way....

Well I have found something interesting. I took the throttle out, cleaned it and bench tested it, tested the limit switch (microswitch in the throttle), zero issues, gave the contacts a quick buff. Put it back in and no change. So then I thought, strange, maybe there is a short or bad connection between the red power wire and the post on the solenoid so replaced it, no change. But when I ran it with my volt meter attached I could see the voltage flutter even though voltage levels are with in range, so I decided to eliminate the solenoid activation circuit all together, I pulled red wire off of the controller again, and jumped that connector straight to the positive of the 48 volt pack. Ran the cart, zero issues.

So the controller is not the problem after all, only thing I can now think of is that even though they test out, that maybe a limit switch really is acting up. And it's not the limit switch on the F/R switch because it's new with the F/R. So now it goes back to being possibly the microswitch in the throttle, only other thing beyond that is the key switch and the wiring back to the main power for the key switch.. frustrating thing is all tested ok on the bench.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car