lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Default 2002 DS 48v Series NEED HELP!

I have a 2002 DS. When I got the cart the motor was damaged from something getting inside the motor. I have replaced it with a known used motor. Once the motor was replaced the cart would not move, the solenoid clicked and nothing. I next jumped out the B- and M- and with the accl the motor ran. So next I bought a new Altrax controller, recommended solenoid, diode and resistor. When I first hit the pedal I got the same thing. I went through the wiring and micro switches on the fwd rev switch and found the micro switch wires were incorrect. After fixing them I still had the same problem. I decided to next take some voltage readings, so with the pedal depressed I started taking readings. After about 15 seconds of holding down the pedal the motor started turning? So at this point if I hold down the pedal for several seconds the motor will start running, but it will speed up and slow down on its own while holding the pedal in the same place. Any help or trouble shooting tips on the MCOR or OBC would be great!
jeremykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 DS 48v Series NEED HELP!

I'm new to this just recently but just spent a few days going thru a non working unit myself. Series 48v.... The OBC has nothing to do with the motor movement OTHER then the Yellow wire that goes from the OBC to the solenoid is there to keep the cart from moving while the OBC is charging the pack. Try and take the Yellow wire off the solenoid and put a jumper wire from that same location on the solenoid direct to -48. If you have the same issue it is not OBC related.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Yep that did it. The motor seems a little inconsistent but I will get it on the ground tomorrow and see what happens
Old 08-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremykent View Post
Yep that did it. The motor seems a little inconsistent but I will get it on the ground tomorrow and see what happens
Glad I could return a little of the help everyone here has given me over the last few days. An amazing & helpful community to be a part of! 3 days ago I had a $400 non running 97 DS and I literally just got home from an awesome 90 min night time drive with the wife and kids. Would not have known a thing much less where to even begin if it was not for everyone here. lol
Old 08-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Which controller did you get from Alltrax NPX, AXE or SPM ?
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
jeremykent
Gone Wild

I got the NPX4844/5K-0

Got the cart put together enough to drive today. There is still an issue. The speed surges the cart is some times slow and other times it seems OK??? If I remember correctly the guy I got it from was complaining about the same issue before the motor went bad.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I got the NPX4844/5K-0

Got the cart put together enough to drive today. There is still an issue. The speed surges the cart is some times slow and other times it seems OK??? If I remember correctly the guy I got it from was complaining about the same issue before the motor went bad.
Sounds like its time for a PQ Bandit Upgrade.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
Rics68
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm S View Post
Sounds like its time for a PQ Bandit Upgrade.

Yah a PQ would be a nice upgrade. But it sounds like the cart has the same issue with a different motor.
Rics68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rics68 View Post
Yah a PQ would be a nice upgrade. But it sounds like the cart has the same issue with a different motor.
Ah yes. I forgot that was done... Sorry..... Have you checked the continuity readings on the throttle to make sure it is not fluxuating and the controller and motor are just doing as they are told?
Old 08-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
jeremykent
Gone Wild

I would love to check the readings. Do you have the info how to??? I just got done running a meter on the motor and fwd rev switch. The voltage is all over the place and seems to be dead spots in the throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car