lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
J Love
Not Yet Wild

Default Quick MCOR question

I promise i have searched many threads for the answer with no luck.

My MCOR has some off readings. Without the pedal depressed it reads 7.89 k ohms. With the pedal depressed it reads 2.25 k ohms. The cart seems to be working fine..maybe a touch slower than normal. Are these readings far enough off to consider the MCOR faulty?

Thanks,

J. Love
J Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Default Re: Quick MCOR question

although both readings are on the high side, if the cart comes to a stop when you let off the go pedal all is working

It should be getting down to around 1100 fully depressed, may be some adjustment in the rod to get it down some
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
J Love
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scott. back to searching.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Love View Post

My MCOR has some off readings. Without the pedal depressed it reads 7.89 k ohms. With the pedal depressed it reads 2.25 k ohms. The cart seems to be working fine..maybe a touch slower than normal. Are these readings far enough off to consider the MCOR faulty?

Thanks,

J. Love
I need to go find my numbers I wrote down(and how I tested it from the wiring harness) but I think mine was in that range as well. Need to test mine again thinking it has deteriorated some on the top end and not much of any mid-range.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:

Thanks,

J. Love
On what vehicle? It makes a difference. An Excel Precedent has resistors in the throttle that may modify the throttle signal
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
J Love
Not Yet Wild

I guess that would have helped. It is an 01 cc ds. I guess it is an 01. According to the serial number it was made in the 52nd week of 01.

Does anyone know why someone would strip the insulation off of the green and white wire that goes into the third microswitch, jump them together, break off the metal arm that engages the switch and re-install it? Is that the 1/2 speed reverse micro? and would that basically disengage that function?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Curtis controls seem to be able to deal with this willy nilly throttle range. Alltrax controls have a few different throttle maps to deal with it. A range this high would call for throttle MAP 4. Good note is most of the new runs of DCX IQ controls are to be coming out of the factory with throttle MAP 4 in them.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Does anyone know why someone would strip the insulation off of the green and white wire that goes into the third microswitch, jump them together, break off the metal arm that engages the switch and re-install it? Is that the 1/2 speed reverse micro? and would that basically disengage that function?
Exactly! That's the reason for it without a doubt. About your MCOR. I'll be willing to bet that you don't have a bad MCOR. It probably works perfectly fine. However, since you've got a DS car and not a Precedent I'll be willing to bet that you need accelerator blocks and a pivot rod. The accelerator blocks are aluminum blocks that bolt to the driver's side I-Beam. The accelerator pivot rod runs through these blocks and pivots the brake lock claw away from the brake pedal when the accel pedal is depressed. Often, the accelerator blocks will wear and it will cause the accel pedal to sit too closely to the floor, therefore limiting the travel of the pedal, which in turn keeps you from going full speed. Check your accel pedal and see if it's got slop in it while wiggling it in an up and down motion.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car