lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Please help me decide which Club Car to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
To the OP: If it is possible to wait a little before pulling the trigger, hopefully tahoedawg will see this. I would really like to see his comments about differences in the electronics. There is something nagging me but my stupid brain can't remember it. Might be nothing. IDK

I'm with the others on the batteries. In fact, I would argue the new 12v's are not "newer" than the 6's because their average life span is a year shorter all else being equal.

I believe 2008 was the transition year when CC quit the 12v's and went back to 6v's in the Precedent (also in the DS I think). They abandoned the 12v for a reason.

I would also be interested in the model # of the exides. If they are GC8V-118 , that is a 170 AH battery and what most people use in 48v carts. If they are GC8V-110, that is a 150AH battery and will probably disappoint in run time and longevity. I would argue for a lower price if equipped with these or similar batteries.

My 2cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by walrusjax View Post
Thank you to all of you for replying, and I'm open to more information if anybody would like to add anything else.

I did go ahead and tell him to build out the 2010, based on the replies here and our gut feelings that it was the one to go with. I wish I had a picture of the batteries so that I could post it, I've looked on Google and I haven't found anything that looks like them. Like I said, they appear to be Exides under another label (it is my understanding that they do that), but I am really basing that on the water cover mechanism. We also like the fact that he will buy us batteries at cost in the future, as well as accessories, so that is a plus. Additionally, since it is $150 cheaper than the 08, it is a savings as well.

BTW, I was told that CC changed the battery config mid year in 2008, so early 08 CCs had 4 batteries while later ones have 6.
Just sayin...... If he is offering this "at cost" offer...... GET IT IN WRITING.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
walrusjax
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Please help me decide which Club Car to buy

Good Call, I will do that!
walrusjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car