lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Best way for EZGO to haul beach gear

Got a new cart at the beach. Trying to figure a way to haul the beach cart, tent, and chairs about half a mile to coast. In the past I hoisted the tent on top strapped down with bungee, beach cart was on rear seat unfolded, and stuff stowed around. Worked okay but sure got things sandy and the top a little scuffed.

Since the new cart is really nice hated to start down this path again, not to mention looking like the beverly hilbillies comin into town!

Wondering what ideas the experts here had. So far I am considering two options that involve adding a hitch:

1. Using some sort of lawn cart trailer or modified cart.
2. An Aluminum Cargo Carrier insert.

The trailers I saw say max 10mph which is not good. Would hate to see it dump a load out or come around on me. Cart has the speed chip so prolly 18loaded.

Not sure about the load on the back of the cart with the cargo insert. May have to upgrade to HD springs?

Guessing the weight to be about a 100lbs. The tent is 42lbs alone.
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Best way for EZGO to haul beach gear

I know that Harbor Freight has a like 4 X 4 trailer for under $200. Put a flat bed on it and some golf cart tires/wheels if needed and roll. If not, does your rear seat have the grab bar on the back ? I have seen seat hangers for those..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

How many passengers? A rear flip-down seat may work.

Not sure I really understand your question.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you want, you can build a "luggage rack", out of tube steel or angle from a local hardware store. I built one out of angle, and attached it to the four roof mounting bolts.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Put up pic of new cart. Has the filp seat and grab bar with hook. Usually I am up and loaded by 6.30am off the beach by myself to set up so no passengers.

KGSC - saw the trailer you mention and that may be an option.

Kinda leaning towards the cargo Hitch but just not sure how much weight the step can support and dont wanta pop a wheelie with it gettin to far out there. Although the trailer could be left holding my parking spot while I returned for breakfast and crew.

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-...ier-92655.html

Thought about the cargo rack but just with the tent on top the old cart started feeling a little squirrely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131010_105431_845.jpg (419.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would not go the receiver mount. Too much stress on the step. If you go the trailer route you will need a hitch of some kind. If it is just you, flip the seat, throw the tent up on the rear armrests or in the passenger seat next to you and pile the rest on the back. What kind of beach cart is this ? A wagon type or one of the two wheels ?

And btw, sweet cart digging the running boards. Where did you get those ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The beach cart looks like this
Amazon.com: Rio Brands Wonder Wheeler Plus Beach Cart: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Rio Brands Wonder Wheeler Plus Beach Cart: Sports & Outdoors

I added the low pressure tires but other than that pretty close.

With all the kids gear and 5 chairs, it usually loaded down. I can get by with just throwin it on the cart as you say but down there anywhere the paint gets scratched, rust is quick to follow.

Just trying to think of a way to minimize that. Is there no way to mount a hitch under the step that mounts to the frame? Thought I saw one for club car but maybe not EZGO.

Cart came in that way from Grahams in Myrtle Beach. Love the front end. Okay deal but didn't get what I expected on our trade in, but they were nice enough to sell it back to me for what the trade in was. Gonna change a few bushings and sell it on the street out here. To nice to let it go for wholesale, but they said out of season tough down there.(Dad brokered the deal with my input) Here I should do a little better. 5k cart prolly has less than 10 miles on it. Just sat at beach house and was used every other weekend for 3.5 months out of year. Batteries are all it needs but are still pretty strong thanks to the little float charger I kept it on.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383871834.773014.jpg (92.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry meant 10 miles on it per year. Six years old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Were all 6 years near you? On an East coastal (few hills) environment, you may still have a few years to go, if they were properly maintained.

EDIt: i WAS TALKING ABOUT BATTERIES.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://http://www.diygolfcart.com/Go...p/hitch-14.htm
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO