lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: wiring alltrac controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavini View Post
Your right it is a sepex, I had looked looked online at one point and read that if the motor has s1 and s2, apparently that is not true. That being said which wiring diagram should I be looking at
NEITHER of the ones I posted above, those are for a SERIES drive system....as that is my area of expertise. and I don't have the drawings for the SEPEX, I would like to think that JohnnyB or Scotty will come along as I know they will know the answer to your question/situation.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Looking at their website and at the end of the controller, the B+ lug has two cables connected to it, one goes to the MOTOR A2, the other goes to the BATTERY +
Old 05-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

guess what.....I found a wiring diagram for it that will work for the high current cables.

PDS DCS Cable diagram.jpg
Old 05-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #14
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome. Thank you
glavini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The difference between a schematic and a wiring diagram strikes again.

A schematic shows electrical connections without regard for physical layout, a wiring diagram shows the physical layout.

The actual B+ current path is from the battery pack's main positive terminal to one of the solenoid's large (contact) terminals. From the large terminal on the other side, B+ goes to two places, A2 on the motor and the Controllers B+ terminal.

Where those two cables are connected together can either be on the solenoid's controller side large terminal or the controller's B+ terminal. They are both the same point electrically.

The stock DCS and PDS had the cables connected on the solenoid terminal, but the stud was a too short for thicker lugs and when aftermarket cables were installed, the electrical connection of the two cables had to be moved to the controller's B+ terminal.

When I was running 2Ga cables in an otherwise stock PDS system, I had to use the controller's B+ terminal for the connection, but when I upgraded to a DCX400 and Super-Duty solenoid, I moved it back to the Solenoid, so the high amps to the armature didn't have to go through and extra foot or so of cable.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #16
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Gotcha, well I connected them and I still only have one speed. Acceleration is still not working. Once I hit the pedal I get about 9 mph and that's it. Reverse is also not working. Any thoughts as to what that might be attributed to?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavini View Post
Gotcha, well I connected them and I still only have one speed. Acceleration is still not working. Once I hit the pedal I get about 9 mph and that's it. Reverse is also not working. Any thoughts as to what that might be attributed to?
Lift rear tire off ground and put on jackstands so the half ton cart doesn't run over somebody or something.

With a DVM, measure between Pins 1 & 2 on the 10 pin plug on top of controller.
When pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click, you should get 10V.
When pedal is on floor, you should get 6V.

If you do, measure between the M- and B+ terminals on the controller.
Should be about Zero when solenoid clinks and full battery pack voltage when pedal is on floor.

BTW, what is the pack voltage when cart is only doing 9 MPH?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #18
glavini
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Work has been ridiculously busy, hopefully I can check this weekend
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO