lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Backdraft237
Not Yet Wild

Default 1981 g1

I just bought a g1 a2 for the kids to ride around on, and i have noticed that sometimes after you are running at fast spped and let off gas it makes a loud metal to metal sound, thats as good as i can explain it. I got to looking around and notice that on the secondary sheaving couple of the plastic ramps are missing and has caused wear to spring seat as well would that cause this sound or do i have two seperate issues going on? And ant advise on repairing the secondary drive or spring seat would be greatly appreciated! And looking for a service manual as well. 1981 yamaha g1 a2
Thanks!
Backdraft237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 1981 g1

The secondary clutch uses plastic ramp shoes/buttons to help limit wear. If the buttons are missing there will be wear on the aluminum helix. If there's significant wear it will need to be replaced. You can buy secondary clutch parts from some of our sponsors.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise while slowing down
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha