lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
dwbarg
Not Yet Wild

Default CC problems...need HELP!

My brother in law has a 08 or 09 Precedent. It will start and go and then loose power then surge and go again. Basically it surges all the time. They have cleaned carb, replaced fuel lines and filters. Cleaned and checked the fuel pump. I think they even tried to adjust the governor. The last thing after adjusting the governor, it ran good for a ride then 2 hrs later got on it and the same thing. Any ideas? I have a EZGO, so not familiar with CC. Thanks
dwbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: CC problems...need HELP!

most likely needs the valves adjusted , http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-ds-carts.html
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
dwbarg
Not Yet Wild

OK thanks. I will pass that along. I wondered about valve adjustment because I do it on my Ezgo.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no problem, we're always here to help but keep us posted on how it works out
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Just a note:

FE290 valves are adjustable, FE350 has hydraulic lifters and are not adjustable!
I think Club Car "upped" the engine size on the Precedent to the FE350 around 08 or 09!

Have him check the bar code tag on the engine fan shroud before tearing into it!

Otherwise... I have no clue where to start with the "surging"! The rev limiter might be going bad?
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #6
dwbarg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the replies. The cart had the FE350 in it so no valve adjustment was necessary. My father in law seems to think it is the needle in the carb. When it started giving trouble a lot of stuff was gunked up because of ethanol gas. They cleaned fuel pump and changed lines and cleaned carb. He thinks the little rubber tip on needle is gone. That is where we stand...will keep updated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car