lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #1
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need help Identifying Yamaha Cart

Hi folks. I'm looking at this Yamaha cart and don't know much about them. Can anyone here help with identifying the model and maybe giving me an idea on value. It does need batteries (6-8v). Also, what should I look for on this cart? I'm just not up to speed on Yamaha carts. Thanks in advance. Here are the pictures the guy sent me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (1.22 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (1.09 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (1.03 MB, 0 views)
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help Identifying Yamaha Cart

G22-e. Manufactured from 2003 to early 2007. Can't help hight the price, it's based on the owner/seller, how old are the batteries and if it runs. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:02 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Its G22e. Early variants had GE motor controller/ GE motor, had no option of "PTV speed code" for 19mph unlock. Toward the end of G22 production, they switched to their own controller "moric", less robust (IMO), but had the "PTV speed code" option. "moric" G22 would be found with Advanced, or Hitachi motors from the factory.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I was thinking, i seem to remember running into a couple early "moric" carts with GE motors, and yamaha sent me a speed code that didnt work. Either way, GE motor = no speed code. They do speed up nicely with a Alltrax aftermarket controller (21-24 mph, depending on which stock motor it had).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:01 AM   #5
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks a bunch for the info. I have been looking into some pricing on them and I think the guy that has this one will have to drop quite a bit for me to buy. It is in need of batteries immediately. His current ask is $3K as it sits. I think for that money I can get something much newer and not in need of batteries. Thanks again for the info. I think I just talked myself out of this one.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #6
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nine year old cart needing new batts and new front tires for 3000, seems a bit high to me for this area. After new batts and front tires you would have close to 3800 into it. IMO you can do better around here saw a 2010 G29 with A-arm and 1 year old batts at a local dealer for 4000ish not to long ago.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #7
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
Nine year old cart needing new batts and new front tires for 3000, seems a bit high to me for this area. After new batts and front tires you would have close to 3800 into it. IMO you can do better around here saw a 2010 G29 with A-arm and 1 year old batts at a local dealer for 4000ish not to long ago.
That's my feelings on it as well. The seller would have to come off his ask quite a bit for me to seriously consider it. I think I'm leaning towards another RXV. Maybe a 2013 or newer with the Curtis controller this time. I really liked my 2009 in my sig, but couldn't turn down the offer a guy made me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha