lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 Ydre Will Not Move

I have a 2008 YDRE car at the golf course I work at that is being troublesome. It has been running fine all this season and then today wouldn't run. All of our carts are on chargers all night so I came in this morning, unplugged it and it won't budge. When you turn the key the solenoid still clicks and then nothing. We have had some carts in the past work one day and then not the next and this is the first one to do it this year. I started with replacing the solenoid because I had one on hand and it hasn't helped. Any insight would be great.
drakesmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 Ydre Will Not Move

Probably the controller if the batteries are up (measure voltage) and the solenoid is clicking.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

Replaced the controller with one from another cart at it started right away. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good deal! It is nice to have spare parts to try when troubleshooting these things. Especially a controller since it's not easy to tell if one is bad without trying a known good one. If I were fixing these things for a living I would hang onto a known good controller for just that purpose. Most of the other parts are easy to troubleshoot with a good DVM and a little knowhow.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

So today I hopped in the cart to move it and nothing again. That's with the known working controller still in it. So now I guess I'm back to square one. We replaced a bunch of batteries a few weeks ago and this cart has them so I'm assuming they are good. I can still check them if need be.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:00 AM   #6
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

This morning the cart has decided to work again. Could it be some kind of short or ground problem with it being intermittent like this.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Most likely a bad switch or connection. Intermittent failures are the hardest to diagnose.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #8
stoker
Gone Wild

we have a dozen or so YDRE yamys and as of late they are really popping these Moric controllers #JW2-H6510-20!we had at least 3 go bad in last 3 months,really driving me nuts.I too wish there was a way to bench test?this latest suspect one i put in a known good cart and the selonoid clicked when turning on tow-switch,but no drive or backup alarm?the cart it came out of wouldnt even activate main selonoid?
stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #9
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Could potentially be your stop switch? Next time it doesn't want to go, try stomping on the accelerator a few times and see if one of those times it might catch. If so, then it is most likely the stop switch. If so, check out this thread....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ml#post1279534
Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 PM   #10
drakesmix
Not Yet Wild

I'm going to go give that a try right now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha