lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Altrax SPM500 controller map

I have read on here many times about having the 'right' controller map for the particular motor someone has so based on that I decided to call Alltrax and see what they recommended for me.

I provided them with all the settings in the controller, told them what motor I have (Bandit), and other details like tire size, terrain, and personal preferences (torque over speed) They advised that my settings were the default ones sent out with all their controllers and no changes needed to be made, that the factory ones were optimal. Max amps and all the curves default.

That leads me to a point of confusion if I am being told correctly that noting needs changing or if any improvements could be obtained from other settings. If nothing needs changing, that sort of defeats the purpose of a programmable controller.

The one and only thing they said I could change from default is the throttle rate from 12.5% to 30% which would make it appear to have more torque by making the foot pedal travel more responsive but it didn't actually provide any more torque, just the sensation of it.

Am I missing something and that the factory settings are optimized already?
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Altrax SPM500 controller map

A field map is for a sepex/shunt motor it is n/a for a series motor.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Altrax SPM500 controller map

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
A field map is for a sepex/shunt motor it is n/a for a series motor.
I guess the answer is yes, I was missing something. Thanks for the clarification.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car