lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
bbb14609
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1995 club car

Is it normal for the cart to start in idle mode in forward or reverse without touching the pedal? I turn on the key, while in neutral and cart does not start. If I put it in forward or neutral it starts right up. I checked the wiring diagrams and everything looks right. Any ideas?
bbb14609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1995 club car

Did you check the peddle switch? Some people will bypass it and jump the wires to get them to idle
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:58 AM   #3
bbb14609
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Please try to identify where this might be located> I followed all the wires per the diagrams and can only find the switches that are shown there.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:22 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does it stop if you "pull up" on the pedal? There are bushings on the shaft the gas pedal pivots on that wear and can cause it to bind - not coming back to the fully upright position. If that's happening, it will keep the starter & ignition engaged because the switches in the control box are still engaged. It won't start in neutral because of the switch on the shifter mechanism. The other switches involved are in the black box under the drivers seat. You'll find the solenoid, fuse, voltage regulator & two micro switches there in that box. The one on the bottom grounds out the coil to stop the engine when the gas pedal is fully released. The one on the top completes the circuit for the control side of the solenoid, sending power to the starter / generator when you press the gas pedal. so the travel of that linkage off the gas pedal is critical to both those functions.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:41 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

There are 2 microswitches (at the top of the pic) in the Electrical Components Box (black box) next to the battery...
and it would be the bottom micro, if it's stuck or bad, it will give you that symptom!

Click pic to enlarge:

085.JPG

BUT.. there are a few other things to check,
  • Does it do it without the park brake set? if so, on to the next one...
  • Pull back on the GO pedal to see if there's play and it shuts down.
  • Some people will tighten the throttle cable coming out of the black box to make it go faster, (refer to pic)
    which will hold the cam beyond the indent for the engine kill (bottom) micro to do it's job.
  • Next would be to check the rod coming from the GO pedal to the black box underneath the cart for any excessive bends.
  • last, but not least, check the continuity of the bottom microswitch to see if it is switching on and off as it should.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:42 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Meimk beat me to it!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:12 AM   #7
bbb14609
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will try both ideas. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:53 PM   #8
bbb14609
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It was the pedal. I slightly move it backwards and the engine shuts off> Thanks. I will make an adjustment to it.

I have another question i forgot about. The cart will shut off when the engine is warm and you make a hard right turn when driving. Any ideas on this one?

Tags
idle fix
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car