lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
MrMack83
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Exclamation Yamaha speed spring

Ok Everyone i keep hearing about the yamaha speed spring. 1) What does it do? 2) How does it work? 3) Will it cause any damage to a stock g16 motor?
Thanks,
-Mark-
MrMack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha speed spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMack83 View Post
Ok Everyone i keep hearing about the yamaha speed spring. 1) What does it do? 2) How does it work? 3) Will it cause any damage to a stock g16 motor?
Thanks,
-Mark-
1-it replaces the original govenor spring. 2-it is a "much" stiffer spring. It is so strong that the govenor weights (on the input shaft inside the transmission) can not "pull" the accelerator cable #2 back (it's hooked the the throttle shaft) there for the throttle shaft doesn't return to a 1/2 open position. Will it "hurt" the engine?....I guess if you ran it full throttle for very long periods, you could have a "over rev"/"oiling" or "over heating" problem. I've installed quite a few of Tom's (CPP) speed springs and no motor problems yet. Just a few notes: I do feel the "pedal" is harder to push (will this cause the accelrator cable to break? none yet. You wont go any faster off the line, but the car just keeps going faster and faster, doesn't seem ever taper off (at least in the area's i've tested them in). I feel much better idea than bypassing the govenor, unless (like many members) know how to listen to the engine rpm's. Lastly, installed one the otherday, everyone was interested how it would match up to "Wilson" (my build with a 20hp Briggs with cam and rev kit ect. No comparission off the line, I pulled away instantly and at about 15 to 20 mph, the speed spring car didn't seem to lose much distance. Is the speed spring good....I'd say so. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
MrMack83
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Dave
MrMack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I have two G9 Yamaha carts and I just ran the throttle cable directly to the carburetor bypassing the governor and it seems to work very well!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha